PDA

View Full Version : MySeq Client 1.14.0

slartibartfast
10-13-2003, 04:28 PM
MySeq Client Release Version 1.14.2
Dated 24 October 2003 (jag111's changes plus a couple of small changes)

1) Since Slartibartfast added a Map menu with map specific options, I took the liberty of moving some of the old items in the Options menu that were map specific over to the new Map menu. No functionality has changed with those items, they were only moved.
2) Added a Mob List top level menu to go along with the Map specific top level menu.
3) Moved some of the items from the Options menu that were Mob List specific into the Mob List menu
4) Added Back Color option to the Mob List so users can change the background color of the list.
5) Added a Gridlines toggle option to the Mob List
6) Changed the Show Mob List menu item to a toggle.
7) Added a top level View menu to hold all of the toggle options for Map and Mob List visibility. It currently contains the following:

- View
- Map
- NPCs
- Corpses
- Players
- Invis Mobs
- Mounts
- Familiars
- Pets
- Mob List
- NPCs
- Corpses
- Players
- Invis Mobs
- Mounts
- Familiars
- Pets
- All
- NPCs
- Corpses
- Players
- Invis Mobs
- Mounts
- Familiars
- Pets

NOTE: The All sub-menu of the View menu is just an abstraction of the combination of Map and Mob List. So if a toggle is ON in both the Map and Mob List options, it should also be ON in the All options. But if one or both of the toggles are OFF in the Map or Mob List options, it should also be OFF in the All options. Also, explicitly setting the toggle of an All option will set the matching option in both the Map and Mob List options.

8) Fixed a bug(?) where spawns on the map would still generate tool-tips even if they weren't being drawn on the map because of a visibility option.
9) Fixed mob con colours. light blue + blue con colours were out by 1 level after copying the new con code from showeq (< changed to <=)
10) Added a check to ensure that lines are visible against the background colour. if they are too close in colour to the background, their inverse is used. (works well for most LoY maps, black lines -> white when using a black background).
Download it from My New Crap Website (http://www.geocities.com/slartibartfast1232000/).

Known Issues:
1) Currently, the "Pets" visibility option only filters out beastlord warders because I couldn't think of a good way to detect player pets with the information we currently process. (Player pets with names like Jibarer, Goboben, etc. that just show up as normal spawns).

CyberT
10-13-2003, 10:34 PM
TOS violations? not good. If you need a permanent home for this, let me know. I have and will donate space you can use for this to get it off of a popup infested webhost. :)

I'm sure you know how to get my contact info.

CyberT

Warren
10-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Get an access violation when trying to access

But that for posting a fix -- hope to get it soon.

slartibartfast
10-14-2003, 01:18 AM
hmmm wonder which Term of service it broke... hmm maybe the haking one, ah or maybe the one that says we are not a fileserver /shrug.

Anyone know a free website provider that wont ban it?

(for some reason i dont want to post it on my isp's webspace)

slartibartfast
10-14-2003, 01:30 AM
<EDIT>
Attached file Out Of date - get the latest version from the website listed above
</EDIT>

slartibartfast
10-14-2003, 01:31 AM
<EDIT>
Attached file Out Of date - get the latest version from the website listed above
</EDIT>

Warren
10-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Tried several zones(no LDON) looked solid.

Thanks for the quick response.

Midnight
10-14-2003, 01:18 PM
much cleaner. well done

1. just noticed a few things. the mouse loc in the bottom left hand of the client shows x and y mixed up. in game itll loc out 100, -100 but itll show -100, 100 on the mseq client. might want to swap those so its consistant.

2. also, our own player name no longer shows up in the player list.. only reason this is important is because once u target something and no longer want to target it.. there's no easy way to get the long following line off of that target and back onto you so u can see a clear map. i just clicked on my own name in the list and it targetted back to me. clicking on my own red dot can be tedious since sometimes theres lots of people around me and i have to enlarge the map enough to get the target back on me.

3. option to turn OFF the seq style loc grid? i like it alot.. but it looks odd when u size the map down enough.. it might benefit at times to have the option to turn it on/off with a hotkey or menu option.

4. the light blue color is almost impossible to read right now. mobs lev 46 and below are blindingly difficult to make out. a new default font maybe? a different light blue color?

5. anyway to add hp/ac/mana to the mouse over option when moving over a PC? i know seq did this at one time and im assuming still does. would obviously need to know what locations in memory need to be sniffed, etc

6. down the road.. MSEQ server minimized to system tray? should be simple to rip tray code off of some snippet site and make the server GUI instead of using a dos window. having it take up a slot in the taskbar makes it look less professional.

good work. each version is looking more and more crisp. hats off to those working hard to make this possible

slartibartfast
10-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Midnight:

2) to un select a mob click on an empty region of the map.

3) to turn off grid lines use the Gridlines menu option off the map menu.

5) add hp/ac/mana - I dont think you get this information for other players anymore (could be wrong tho)
Adding some sort of player window was on my list of things to do.

-------------------------

1) I'll put that on my todo list.

4) - I have this on the list of things to do.
Configuarble con colours for map + listview + configuarble map colour translations.

6) I'll look into that next time i make some server mods.

kevster
10-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Great job on changes.

Things to note.

1. Pressing the + key to zoom in works, but pops up a "Hello World" box each time. Dont remember if the - does same.

Figured out my question so removed it. Thanks

TheMadMurdok
10-15-2003, 12:07 AM
edit nm found it on ur new Crap page *g*

ap50
10-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Couple of issues:

The zip file creates a folder called MAP, but the client looks in MAPS for the .map or .txt files.

Sometimes the client tries to find the maps folder within itself, like this.

http://www.micropol.demon.co.uk/pathwrong.gif

cavemanbob
10-15-2003, 08:57 PM
The source + exe are now available here as well:

http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.14.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/myseqserver-1.9b.zip
http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

Good job slartibartfast.

Midnight
10-16-2003, 07:59 AM
ETA on LDoN and zone revamped maps being added to the seq-maps.zip file? Thank u

Blind Aviator
10-17-2003, 03:04 AM
Well done... Now that it properly updates for PC > Corpse and NPC > corpse when something dies makes life much easier...

One thing to note now... When you jump onto a mount the client immediately switches your level to that of the mount which turns all mobs red cons...

Other than that one small glitch I have no other complaints right now...

BA

Jusmalum
10-17-2003, 03:55 AM
Before the patch everything worked, swapping offsets as needed.

Since then !

I downloaded Slartis version and used his offsets in the txt file.

however nothing shows but a blank screen,

yes I am getting a successful connection to the server, but I am puzzled...

any ideas?

Jus

slartibartfast
10-17-2003, 04:35 AM
Blind Aviator - to fix the horse bug problem you need a new server exe. Unfortunately I forgot to change the version number before releasing a new one which causes confusion :(

Jusmalum - The client expects there to be the following sub directories under the folder where the client resides:

cfg - holds race, class + bodytype info etc.
maps - holds all your maps.
filters - holds zone specifc filter files.

If these sub directories are not present the client fails to work correctly, and in one version it fails to generate an error if the maps directory is missing. I tried to prevent this by including a dummy maps directory in the archive, but called it "Map" instead of "Maps" by mistake.

- make sure you have a MAPS directory and the client should work. I will release a new version this weekend that addresses this problem and a couple of other minor fixes.

Chicken
10-19-2003, 02:39 AM
Think you could add a box to turn on/off the flashing?

G-Man
10-19-2003, 12:06 PM
Is anyone else still having the problem that I saw some post about way back when 1.13 came out where after a few minutes running smoothly the program just suddenly locks up your computer? Not just the program crashing but a hard freeze where you have to hit the reset button to get out of it?

Was hoping this new version would fix that but it still seems to be happening for me :( Kind of sucks to still have to use 1.12 when the newer version has some nice features over it... Don't know if it's the Magic Library or what (that seemed to be the biggest change from 1.12 to 1.13).

sauron
10-19-2003, 04:09 PM
I can't check the other level ranges, but at level 65, version 1.14 (Oct 18th) is showing level 49 mobs light blue. This is incorrect, light blue starts at level 50. The strange thing is, the code looks correct (green - 20 & light blue - 15), and this code worked on older versions (like from a few months ago). I can only assume some calculation somewhere is throwing off the con colors by 1 level.

I really like the changes you made to this last version with three different audio files (I haven't tested it yet). And the new TABS in the Option windows, new player colors, etc. Thanks again for the time spent on this program!

Sauron

Blind Aviator
10-20-2003, 01:25 AM
The new version 1.41.1 has a slight problem with zooming...

If I use the up arrow on the scale to zoom in too fast (rapid clicking) it will crash the client everytime with this error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Handle is not initialized.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.GCHandle.Free()
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Stop()
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownButtons.StopTimer()
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownButtons.EndButtonPress( )
at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownButtons.OnMouseUp(Mouse EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.510
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
System.DirectoryServices
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.directoryservices/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.directoryservices.dll
System.Messaging
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.messaging/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.messaging.dll
System.ServiceProcess
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.serviceprocess/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.serviceprocess.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.data/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.data.dll
myseq
Assembly Version: 1.14.1.20907
Win32 Version: 1.14.1.20907
CodeBase: file:///D:/myseq/myseq.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
MagicLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/myseq/MagicLibrary.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

SchwannyT
10-21-2003, 02:36 PM
Is there a way to make filters that work in every zone? I like to have my friends in there so it dings when they are in the zone and cirlces them for me.

Other than that it works great for me, even when zoning (where it used to crash). Love the grid and full screen changes, looks great.

Server 1.09
Win98

Client 1.14
Win98 (laptop)

NovaUSC
10-21-2003, 09:02 PM
anyone else having a problem with 1.14 where you get a jerky response from Myseq. had no problems with previous versions. Did the update and now my PC slows down while it's running and the PC stops responding for about 1 second every 5 or so seconds. While this is happening the mouse freezes and keyboard commands don't function. Any ideas?

slartibartfast
10-22-2003, 02:47 AM
Hmm several people complaining about speed now, guess i'll have to run the program through the profiler again.
(I get very slow update speed when EQ + the server runs on my slower machine, but the client still responds to mouse + key inputs.)

NovaUSC - do you run the client + server on the same machine as EQ?
- Does it happen more often in certain zones? (possibly ones with lots of mobs like Pok or dreadlands)

Blind Aviator - cant reproduce your crash, which is good for me, but bad for you.

sauron - I copied the new con colour values from ShowEQ - but need to change a couple of lines of code it seems

for (c = 0; c < level+greenRange; c++) {
conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Green);
}

for (; c < level+cyanRange; c++) {
conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Cyan);
}

->

for (c = 0; c <= level+greenRange; c++) {
conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Green);
}

for (; c <= level+cyanRange; c++) {
conColors[c] = new SolidBrush(Color.Cyan);
}

NovaUSC
10-22-2003, 07:22 AM
After posting that article I saw that there was a new release. 1.14.1. I downloaded it and tried it. Also, the server version on your crap website was the same as the one I was currently using so I'm pretty certain I never bothered to download it. This time I did it just to be certain. Now they seem to be working fine. I run Myseq from a laptop while I play on my desktop. The configuration was using version 1.14.0 on the laptop and possibly an older version of the 1.9b server. (If the one on your crap website is in fact different from the one posted on sourceforge.) Now I have the 1.14.1 and the 1.9b from your site and they both work fine. Thanks for the awesome job with the changes made to an already awesome program. On a side note, is there any additional info that can be gotten on LDON objects? Would it be possible to know if a chest/coffin/barrel, etc was trapped?

Midnight
10-22-2003, 10:08 AM
anyway to have the complete filter list and maps downloadable on your crap site? i know maps are added a lot and there's really no complete link anywhere. u have to download the old maps.zip then get the ldon and poeb (etc) stuff from other threads

slartibartfast
10-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Cavemanbob has pretty much a complete set of maps on his site

http://alteria.sf.net/seq-maps.zip

but check out Deda's LDON maps - they are very nice, but the lines are black so you need to change yer background colour...

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4142

Unfortunately the map archives are very large, so i cannot give open access to them on my freebee site as the bandwidth would get used up too quick.

It would be possible to upload my filter files, however I havent bothered to use this feature much.

I guess I could convert the showeq ones that blueadept has on his website.

reaver
10-22-2003, 12:17 PM
That would be fantastic to either convert BA's filters, or allow MySEQ to run those filters natively.

Thanks!

jag111
10-22-2003, 02:35 PM
After I finish the round of revisions I'm working on right now (hopefully today), the next thing on my list was going to try and make the linux SEQ filters work natively.

jag111
10-22-2003, 04:42 PM
MySeq Client Update Version 1.14.2
Dated 22 October 2003
New View Options and minor code cleanup.

myseq_changes_jag111_1.14.2.zip (http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ/myseq_changes_jag111_1.14.2.zip)

OK. I finally finished the first round of changes I wanted to make. I've attached a zip file that includes only the files that have changed since Slartibartfast's 1.14.1 version. I also included the AssemblyInfo.cs file with a version of 1.14.2.

- Since Slartibartfast added a Map menu with map specific options, I took the liberty of moving some of the old items in the Options menu that were map specific over to the new Map menu. No functionality has changed with those items, they were only moved.

- Added a Mob List top level menu to go along with the Map specific top level menu.

- Moved some of the items from the Options menu that were Mob List specific into the Mob List menu

- Added Back Color option to the Mob List so users can change the background color of the list.

- Added a Gridlines toggle option to the Mob List

- Changed the Show Mob List menu item to a toggle.

- Added a top level View menu to hold all of the toggle options for Map and Mob List visibility. It currently contains the following:

- View
- Map
- NPCs
- Corpses
- Players
- Invis Mobs
- Mounts
- Familiars
- Pets
- Mob List
- NPCs
- Corpses
- Players
- Invis Mobs
- Mounts
- Familiars
- Pets
- All
- NPCs
- Corpses
- Players
- Invis Mobs
- Mounts
- Familiars
- Pets

- NOTE: The All sub-menu of the View menu is just an abstraction of the combination of Map and Mob List. So if a toggle is ON in both the Map and Mob List options, it should also be ON in the All options. But if one or both of the toggles are OFF in the Map or Mob List options, it should also be OFF in the All options. Also, explicitly setting the toggle of an All option will set the matching option in both the Map and Mob List options.

- Fixed a bug(?) where spawns on the map would still generate tool-tips even if they weren't being drawn on the map because of a visibility option.

Known Issues:
- Currently, the "Pets" visibility option only filters out beastlord warders because I couldn't think of a good way to detect player pets with the information we currently process. (Player pets with names like Jibarer, Goboben, etc. that just show up as normal spawns).

sauron
10-22-2003, 06:33 PM
Sorry to have to ask, but I'm getting the following error when I try to compile (both with the free compiler CSC, and the .NET 2003 framework)
---------------------------------------

Form1.cs(20,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SocketSystem' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Form1.cs(90,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CSocketClient' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
--------------------------------------
Here are the lines I am using to compile it using CSC:

path %path%;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.370 5
csc /out:myseq.exe /target:winexe /reference:magiclibrary.dll *.cs

jag111
10-22-2003, 08:24 PM
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705

At least part of your problem is that you're not using the correct version of the .NET Framework. It requires version 1.1. THe path listed above is version 1.0.

Just as a sanity check, I also just re-downloaded 1.14.1 from Slartibartfast's website, extracted it into a new folder, downloaded my changes.zip file and extraced those files into the 1.14.1 folder. Then I opened up the solution file in Visual Studio and hit Build and it worked just fine.

slartibartfast
10-23-2003, 04:12 AM
Nice to see some more people working on the code, makes for a healthy open source project.

I'm glad you plan to look at the alerts, I was thinking of putting in a temporary fix to allow MySeq to load BlueAdepts filters. Was gonna just isolate the name part of the filter, which should not be too hard to do

I don't have much RegEX knowledge so was not looking forward to converting it to do that, so if you want to do that it would be great.

I'll merge your code into my project when I get home + stick a new version on my website.

deda
10-23-2003, 05:40 AM
could someone post a make file or project/workspace file for visual c++ 6.0 ?

jag111
10-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Deda,

There are two parts to MySEQ:

1) The server which is a console app written in C++ that basically finds EQ in memory, reads the relavent data, and shoves it into some network packets to be retrieved by the client. And although the project file that's distributed with it is for Visual Studio 2003, it would be trivial to just import the relevent myseqserverc.cpp file into Visual C++ 6.0 and compile.

2) The client which is a windows app written in C# and compiled against the .NET Framework 1.1. This is the majority of the code that processes the data from the server and makes it pretty and viewable for you, the user. Because it's written in C#, there's no way to make a C++ makefile or project file for it. You'll either have to obtain a copy of Visual Studio 2003 or just download the .NET Framework 1.1 SDK which is free from Microsoft.

slartibartfast
10-23-2003, 09:33 AM
Ummm MySEQ is written in C# on the .Net platform

I dont know anyway to convert it so it will compile on Visual studio 6 c++.

The project files on my website are for .net 2003, but It is possible to convert the project back to .net 2002 and compile it.
- I used the project files from cavemanbob's version 1.13, added the SocketUtils.cs file to the project and it all compiled without any problems.

There is a free compiler that comes with the .Net framework, so you should be able to make code changes and recompile without having the .Net development enviroment. I have never tried using the free compiler, but others on this forum have and can probably point you in the right direction.

z26o
10-23-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by slartibartfast
The project files on my website are for .net 2003, but It is possible to convert the project back to .net 2002 and compile it.
Slartibartfast - I would like to know how to do that. I have .NET 2002 and love looking at the changes, It really helps me learn C# and of course when I get a little more proficient I want to contribute. But I can't afford to upgrade to 2003 at the moment. So if its not too hard maybe you could describe how to take it back down to 2002. Or point me in that direction.

Thanks for all your hard work.
~z~

sauron
10-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by jag111
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705

At least part of your problem is that you're not using the correct version of the .NET Framework. It requires version 1.1. THe path listed above is version 1.0.

I upgraged and used the new CSC -- still got the same errors
Used the following line to compile as well as .Net 2003:

path %path%;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.432 2

faederya
10-23-2003, 04:12 PM
sauron,

as well as .Net 2003

Double click the MYSEQ.SLN file, the .NET 2003 opens, click BUILD and BUILD SOLUTION.

Done. Run MYSEQ.EXE

I went a little further and created a folder selection ./bin/release/cfg
Then copied the four files into the new CFG directory from the root cgf dir.

Then pulled the little bar down and choose RELEASE and hit the blue arrow. This allowed me to only have the compiled files in the new ./bin/release/ dir. Then make a maps and filters.

Anyways, its all the same. Maybe I just don't understand what "line" your using to compile...

jag111
10-23-2003, 04:33 PM
Sauron is trying to use the free command line compiler for .NET because (I'm assuming) he doesn't own a copy of Visual Studio .NET.

I'm in the middle of trying to figure out a good way to make it easy for non-VStudio users to compile. Currently, I'm looking into an open source project called Nant (nant.sourceforge.net) in addition to some source code posted on USENET that will convert Visual Studio solution files into Nant build files, VS2Nant.

NovaUSC
10-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately the map archives are very large, so i cannot give open access to them on my freebee site as the bandwidth would get used up too quick.

How much space do you need?

jag111
10-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by sauron
I upgraged and used the new CSC -- still got the same errors
Used the following line to compile as well as .Net 2003:

Are you sure you have all of the project files, sauron...and not just the changed files in my zip? I just tried that exact command line against my source and it worked just fine.

cavemanbob
10-23-2003, 10:35 PM
It is possible to use the Visual Studo 6 to compile both segments, but you will require the .NET runtime installed anyway using custom build settings. I do have a project to do so, but it's currently on my other computer which I cannot access at this time.

sauron
10-24-2003, 04:16 AM
Thank you all -- I really appreciate your help. I'm not sure what the problem was, as I could use my compile batch file (see below) to compile the original 1.14.1, but for some reason copying in the changes (1.14.2) caused the error.

But knowing that you said you grabbed the original 1.14.1, threw in the changes, and it worked with my batch file, then I knew I just needed to redownload the start from scratch. And sure enough it compiled with no errors.

Thanks again -- and here is my batch file for those that want to compile this.

showme1
10-24-2003, 11:36 AM
I love the changes on the new version that Slartibartfast just posted, but I've noticed it runs REAL slow now. Anyone else notice this? The filter circles seem to work for a sec then go away. Mob movement updates real real slow on mobs that are within 300 range of me even. No other version has done this before so im wondering if there was a change made that i need to know about or if there is a setting i can change to correct this problem. Other then that the changes are very nice and the hard work put in by you guys is VERY much appreciated!

faederya
10-24-2003, 12:06 PM
noticed it runs REAL slow now

Same, had to go back to 1.14.1

/sheds a tear

Exact same thing showme1 said....

kevster
10-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Made a slight change to MapPane.cs in 1.14.1 to allow the keyboard to move the map left, right, up, and down.

Pressing 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 moves in the direction of the key, 5 centers the map.

private void map_KeyPress(object sender, System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs e)
{

if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == 'c')
{
offsetx.Value=0;
offsety.Value=0;
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '4')
{
offsetx.Value=offsetx.Value-50;
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '7')
{
offsety.Value=offsety.Value-50;
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '8')
{
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '9')
{
offsetx.Value=offsetx.Value+50;
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '6')
{
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '3')
{
offsety.Value=offsety.Value+50;
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '2')
{
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '1')
{
e.Handled = true;
}
if (char.ToLower(e.KeyChar) == '5')
{
offsetx.Value=0;
offsety.Value=0;
e.Handled = true;
}

}

sauron
10-24-2003, 04:11 PM
BTW, I am running across a network....

The new 1.14.2 runs really slow for me too. Actually, moving the mouse, the coordinates update fast, its just the map updating speed that is roughly once every 5 secs.

Version 1.14.1 runs very fast -- I too had to go back :confused:

Hope this can be fixed!

showme1
10-24-2003, 06:07 PM
aye, its the map updating that seems screwy. not quite sure what it could be

sauron
10-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Freshly compiled new version (.2 -- Oct 24) from slartibartfast, and it also runs SLOOOOW (only on map update). Again had to go back to Slartibartfast's .1 version.

slartibartfast
10-27-2003, 06:24 AM
It's probably the color checking code I added, ill modify it so its less resource intensive.

SchwannyT
10-27-2003, 02:24 PM
While you are checking that code can you look at the changes in the 1.14 from http://alteria.sf.net/myseq-1.14.zip and the 1.14.1 and 1.14.2. The 1.14 version zoned perfectly for me (using win98 on server and client machine, for the first time since I tried MYSEQ). However it hasnt worked quite right with either of the newer versions. In the newer versions the zone doesnt change it just zoomes me WAY out till everything is a dot but doesnt change maps or load the new mob list.

Now that I think about it I tried the 1.14 version with the 'old' 1.09b server and the newer ones with the 'new' server.

Oh and does anyone know how the new alerts work? Can I do an alert that works in every zone? Or do I have to go into each zone file and add it?

Thanks

bobobard
10-27-2003, 11:28 PM
It's definately a repaint problem... if you click the mouse in the map window (without selecting anything), it will repaint.

It's not slow on my 400mhz machine, just doesnt update map window properly.

Anyways, I just want to say good work on this so far.

X-Elmo-X
10-30-2003, 05:51 AM
Couple of issues I'm having with the 141.2 build:

Everything shows as 'Red'. Looked around for something that specified con colors, maybe I'm ignorant and missed it or something but my previous build had no problems.

My little circle that's supposed to be around my toon is out floating in space, not attached to my toon as it moves. I'm just another yellow square with a red circle in it.

Running Windows XP if it matters :D

X-Elmo-X

P.s. Thank you for all your hard work!!

slartibartfast
10-30-2003, 10:49 AM
If you are using the modified server from my web site, make sure you have the following offsets in your myseqserver.ini file.

[Memory Offsets]
CharInfo=0070F750

[CharInfo Offsets]
SpawnInfo=0x0d7c

Download the attachment in this thread:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4109

If you are missing either of these 2 then the player circle will stay at loc 0,0 facing north and not move when you do. Also player level will probably be interpreted as level 0 so all mobs will appear red.

bobobard
10-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Hmmn... What's the difference between the server you have on your site vs. the server listed here: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3682

I've been using 1.9b server with your latest client...

Is this the correct thing to do?

X-Elmo-X
10-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by slartibartfast
If you are using the modified server from my web site, make sure you have the following offsets in your myseqserver.ini file.

[Memory Offsets]
CharInfo=0070F750

[CharInfo Offsets]
SpawnInfo=0x0d7c

Download the attachment in this thread:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4109

If you are missing either of these 2 then the player circle will stay at loc 0,0 facing north and not move when you do. Also player level will probably be interpreted as level 0 so all mobs will appear red.

You ROCK, much <3!

X-Elmo-X

Squiffy
11-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Okay... gettin frustrated.

1.13 works fine and dandy, no issues.

I downloaded 1.14.1 and .2, and neither work. Both pop up the same error, whether I use the new or old 1.9b server.

Could not connect to the server: The type initializer for "System.Net.Dns" threw an exception.

I'm running .Net 1.1, I have all the network config stuff correct (I run server and client on the same machine, and have tried all IP addresses, "localhost", 192.168.1.100 (my router ip) and 127.0.0.1, and nothing will phase the error message. The server doesn't even show a connect attempt.

Any suggestions on how I can even figure out where to start on this error? :confused:

z26o
11-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Squiffy ~

127.0.0.1 should work, but try the IP for your box (not the router) and if you have a personal firewall installed try to disable it (as a test). Not sure if that will help for you, but I have seen others say it has helped on a 2 box network. Make sure nothing else is using port 5555. Thats all I can think of.

GL
~z~