PDA

View Full Version : Logger.cpp to go away?

monklett
10-18-2003, 11:47 AM
I was looking into logging (only) the loc of the currently targeted or selected mob, so that I can read this information in a Xylobot script. (Xylobot's big weakness over Macroquest is that it has no way to determine where a mob is located).

After briefly looking to doing this, it looks like I will need to use logger.cpp, but now I see that its slated for removal.

Is this the definite plan?

Alternatively, any suggestions for an another way to do this? Basically, I just want to write the current loc of the selected or targeted mob to a log file every time it changes.

Zaphod
10-20-2003, 07:29 PM
Well, the old PktLogger nonsense that had been in there has definitely gone away. The other stuff (SEQLogger base class and SpawnLogger) are currently undergoing a revamp (well, the code is mostly finished, but I haven't committed it yet). So if you do play in that area, expect to have to update your code.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

monklett
10-21-2003, 01:59 AM
If you're gonna do the commit in the next week or so, I'll just wait for that. And BTW, thanks for your efforts. ;-)

jengo
10-21-2003, 02:14 PM
Is it possiable to have the spawnlog.txt file contain ALL the information about the spawn thats avaiable in the UI ? For example, race, deity, NPC type(internal [door, drop, timer, ...], NPC, PC, GM, ...), etc ?

Would it also be possiable to log PCs and NPCs in seperate files, as an optional setting ? I made some local changes to the code to make this possiable, it would make things easier if this was in CVS :P (Since it would be usefull to more then just me)

uRit1u2CBBA=
10-21-2003, 03:05 PM
If you've already done the work to do it, make a unified diff of your version vs. the version in CVS and post it as a patch.

It will get reviewed, and if accepted will be placed in CVS.

All that, and you'll get the credit for doing the work ;)

jengo
10-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I figured you where revamping the logging code, which is why I didn't submit a patch sooner. I need to clean it up a little, I hard coded a lot of it. I will try to submit it this weekend, I already have a slew of code I gotta get done for work right now :P