PDA

View Full Version : 2 boxing on same PC

Fidd
10-19-2003, 05:28 AM
Hi,

I'm 2*boxing on same PC.. This works fine, but mySEQ server always useing the first PID. Is it possible to override this ?

Its not a biggy, but a bit time consuming when I have to log out the first EQ get the other one to work with mySEQ.

Would be nice if I could force the server to use another PID.

Cheers
/F.

Midnight
10-19-2003, 09:33 PM
nope. cant

jag111
10-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Not without modifying the server code, that is. But since you have the source, feel free. =)

slartibartfast
10-20-2003, 02:51 AM
It is pretty easy to do, but finding an elegant solution is not so simple with a dos based program. Guess you could scan the proclist at startup and display a prompt to select the PID you want to use.

What I did in the past for my keysniffer for Showeq when it needed it was to compare the path info. with a configuration entry. I have 2 installations of EQ on my machine for use when i am 2 boxing, so that I can specify diffent settings for the 2 copies. Ie no player models + no sound for the 2nd copy.

If the program found 2 PID for EQ it used the one that was being run from my defined path.

Fidd
10-21-2003, 01:37 PM
It would be nice with way to do it slartibartfast, if you could make it when you got some free time ;)

Cheers
/F.