PDA

View Full Version : Ground Spawn Identification

jag111
10-20-2003, 12:54 PM
I've noticed for a while that all of the ground spawns seem show up on the map as ITxxx_ACTORDEF where xxx is an ID of sorts and ostensibly tells your client what graphic to display for that item on the ground.

I was thinking of adding code and another config file to match those IDs to what the ground spawn actually looks like. Doing some initial research, I found that fixed tradeskill containers are actually included as ground spawns. Here's the starting list I came up with:

IT27_ACTORDEF,Book
IT63_ACTORDEF,Small Bag
IT66_ACTORDEF,Forge
IT69_ACTORDEF,Oven
IT70_ACTORDEF,Brew Barrel
IT73_ACTORDEF,Kiln
IT74_ACTORDEF,Pottery Wheel
IT128_ACTORDEF,Loom
IT403_ACTORDEF,Yew Leaf

I considered making it just another static array read at startup like BodyTypes, Races, Classes, etc. But given the highest index I've found so far is 403 and I've only matched 9 items, a lot of that array would be wasted memory. So I'll probably throw them into a hashtable or something lookup based for now.

Does anyone know if Linux SEQ does this? And if so, do they already have a larger list of matches?

slartibartfast
10-20-2003, 06:27 PM
I had a look at macroquest

looks like they have multiple methods.

the item number follows the it
below 255 they have a file that includes weapons etc.

400+ they have another file - but this lists graphic type not explict name it appears, like leaf, lava rock...

They also have an itemDB file that gets populated from things you pickup or interact with

If you can put something together feel free to submit it for inclusion in the source.

jag111
10-21-2003, 12:39 AM
I figured it would only be graphically what you see (forgot to make Yew Leaf more generic). But yeah, perhaps I'll throw something together once I'm done updating some other stuff I'm working on.