PDA

View Full Version : Mandrake 9.1 quick question

fixxxer
10-24-2003, 08:47 AM
Ok all feel free to flame but I just want to know if anyone has an answer, lol, and that means I guess I am asking for it <g> .

Ok from the start I run Mandrake 9.1 and love the ease of use. I long ago (before I came to SEQ) had major issues with Linux; mainly I wasn’t plug_and_play in Linux. But over time I have ground to use Linux with great confidence. I remember the days when I had friends walk me thru every step and installed everything available jus to try and prevent problems. But, over time I have widdled my systems down to as small as I can get the install. Ok, with all that crap said lets get to the question.

When I am on a fresh install I always have to install libpcap and gdbm lib the package installer, which is not a problem. However, in my quest to figure Linux out I want to know is there anyway to get these to install with Linux when you first install? It has become the first thing I do on a new box but crap I forget every now and then.

So Now is your time feal free to Flame or answer up to you.

junk
10-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I would have to assume that you'd just need to go through Mandrake's package list and pick the appropriate packages when you're installing it. It's been awhile since I've tried Mandrake (I ran it for a bit when they just came out with v8), so I don't remember exactly how it installs, but I vaguely seem to remember being able to select individual packages. Oh, another possible caveat: I did the netinstall of Mandrake. I doubt it, but maybe there's a different package selection system between the netinstall and the disc install.