PDA

View Full Version : ideas for filtering multiple instances of EQ on same machine/IP

jonseq
10-28-2003, 06:01 PM
I'd like to have the option of ignoring packets from a second EQ session run on the same machine. I understand that port numbers are dynamic, so the libpcap filter ends up getting everything, but there must be some easy way of identifying the independent sessions (maybe tracking them all concurrently and allowing display to be cycled through them all, or just processing one according to the usual 'monitor next client' UI)

This isn't a critical issue at all, and usually I just don't run multiple EQ instances on the tracked computer, but it would be nice to have. Cancelling all forms of levitation (and mounts) for the alt helps a little, but mob tracking gets messed up (apparently some of the movement/spawn packets from the alt session are intepreted as unknown).

Ideas? Obviously this is possible in principle. Every time you detect zoning, you can choose to ignore packets from all other ports (except for when you zone again).

Cryonic
10-28-2003, 06:32 PM
hmm, I think this has been in SEQ for quite some time.

It is known as Session Tracking.

Dedpoet
10-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Yup. Open the network menu, check Session Tracking.

jonseq
10-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Thanks. I had no idea =)