PDA

View Full Version : Seq and WineX

mbiwpeoyc
10-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Is it possible? I've read a few old posts over at winehq's forums saying that Showeq doesn't work if you run it on a linux box.

Since EQ is the only thing that's tieing me to windows still....and I don't want to play without SEQ .... Does it work under WineX? And if so did it require any changes to the SEQ box itself?

Thanks in advance!

S_B_R
10-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Search is your friend.... winex (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=95186&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

Zaphod
10-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by mbiwpeoyc
Is it possible? I've read a few old posts over at winehq's forums saying that Showeq doesn't work if you run it on a linux box.

Since EQ is the only thing that's tieing me to windows still....and I don't want to play without SEQ .... Does it work under WineX? And if so did it require any changes to the SEQ box itself?

Thanks in advance!

There was support. At some point before I got involved it got broken. A possible fix has been made and will be included in my next CVS commit.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

codepig666
10-29-2003, 02:18 PM
I use the transgaming version of Wine. Worth every penny.

To make seq monitor the same machine which is running EQ under wine, I used the hint from this thread : http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3584&highlight=winex

The basic hack is to go to packet.cpp and comment out this titbit:

if ( ((packet.getDestPort() >= LoginServerMinPort) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() >= LoginServerMinPort)) &&
((packet.getDestPort() <= LoginServerMaxPort) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() <= LoginServerMaxPort)) )
return;

I often have 3 copies of SEQ running to monitor both my windows boxes and the winex version.

-piggy

Zaphod
10-29-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by codepig666
I use the transgaming version of Wine. Worth every penny.

To make seq monitor the same machine which is running EQ under wine, I used the hint from this thread : http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3584&highlight=winex

The basic hack is to go to packet.cpp and comment out this titbit:

if ( ((packet.getDestPort() >= LoginServerMinPort) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() >= LoginServerMinPort)) &&
((packet.getDestPort() <= LoginServerMaxPort) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() <= LoginServerMaxPort)) )
return;

I often have 3 copies of SEQ running to monitor both my windows boxes and the winex version.

-piggy

Actually my attempt at a long-term fix is very much related to that bit of severely malformed code. The problem is that the code in question doesn't do what the author intended (to eliminate only the login server ports).

My fixed version of the code has the form:

if (((packet.getDestPort() >= LoginServerMinPort) &&
(packet.getDestPort() <= LoginServerMaxPort)) ||
(packet.getSourcePort() >= LoginServerMinPort) &&
(packet.getSourcePort() <= LoginServerMaxPort))
return;

So, feel free to replace the malformed code with this and test it. If you do, please let me know if it works.

Thanks and Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)