PDA

View Full Version : client speed

HedBawnKah
11-07-2003, 11:49 AM
I have the default of 1 and 250 for server and client update intervals respectivly. I get zero lag as I am running a pretty fast setup. Is there anyway to up the refresh rate on these? Last night during a raid I was watching the puller and he would be in camp while MySEQ said he was still at the spawn point.

All apps running on same puter btw. Server is 1.9b and client is 1.14.2. OS is Win XP pro - 2.4 gHz with 1 GB of Ram.

MQSEQ2
11-07-2003, 11:56 AM
You can set the Client Refresh rate to a lower number say 150. This would normally poll the server more which would update your screen faster.

The problem my not be MySEQ, remember MySEQ gets the data sent to the EQ client. More than likely you was getting lag with EQ it's self. I ssen this type of issue in EQ with any 3rd party software. You see some one disapear then pop up somewhere else than expected. You can have multiple EQ clients running monitoring the same spot and one might show you and the other may not. Bottom line EQ lag is caused by the number of Spawns in a zone and how active those spawns are (ie. walking, casting, etc.). EQ updates every spawn evertime it sends the data no matter what.

HedBawnKah
11-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply :)

Will running the client on another machine reduce the lag? In otherwords can the client be getting lagged because its on the same machine as EQ/MySEQ server?

MQSEQ2
11-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Yes running the Client on a separate machine will help the computer running EQ. When running EQ bring up the Task Manager and look at the CPU hog, EQ takes 70% to 95% of the CPU.

I seen a Thread on MacroQuest where Lax wrote a small version of MQ that was suppose to slow down the FPS that EQ used which greatly reduced the CPU hog. They removed the link and added it into MQ from what I read. I guess it's time to download the new MQ and look for that option.