PDA

View Full Version : first time caller, long time listener

spank007
11-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Hi all and let me first say that I am so appreciative of all the hard work the Devs do for this program and all the other people who share their knowledge and time to help others get Showeq up and running.

I have been searching and reading posts all over this board since the Nov4 patches and I cannot figure out what it all means.
I use Showeq on a linux computer.
I remove the file and use the new downloaded tarbal each time there is a patch that breaks SHoweq.
I do not know how to update showeq.
I do not know how to patch opcodes.

Is there anyway someone can post detailed instructions on what to do?
What do I download and where should I download it to?
What do I type exactly in the linux window to get the patch or patch the opcodes?

Thank you in advance for your time and I hope no one calls me lazy for not using search etc etc... I did all that and all the posts seem to talk above my head. Showeq for dummies is what I need :)

Thanks

BlueAdept
11-09-2003, 01:56 PM
There is no tarball yet.

You need to download the 2 files in this thread http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4196&perpage=15&pagenumber=1 put them in your source directory, do a complete recompile.

The 2 files are decode.cpp and opcodes.h.

If you still cant figure it out, wait for a new tarball.

spank007
11-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Ok, so I have .16 now, I need to update it to .17 and then update that to .17b?
If so whats the easiest way to do that?
Then all I need to do is download the decode.cpp and opcodes.h, INTO my showeq directory and then compile?

If so what do you mean by compile...../make?

And if I need to patch showeq to .17 and .17b....do I download that into the showeq directory as well?

Sorry, I know I should just wait for the tarbal, but if I can learn how to patch on my own now, then next time it happens I will know what im doing.

Thanks

suseuser7341
11-10-2003, 07:57 AM
First you need the latest Seq release. Check FAQ how to use CVS for that or download the whole 4.3.17.1 tarball created by Zaphod.

Download decode.cpp and opcode.h from the above link. You will find old versions (KDE provides you an easy to use Search function in it menus, if you don't like command line stuff) within the showeq/src directory. This is the place the updated ones should be (makes sense ? *g*)

It is a fresh download, so just proceed with the normal procedure given in the INSTALL file.