PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ 1.15.5

jag111
11-10-2003, 05:42 PM
MySEQ 1.15.5 is now available at

http://www.dvolve.net/EQ/MySEQ

NOTE: This has only been tested with server version 1.9b because people (including myself) have had problems with the 1.10 server.

NOTE 2: This has also *not* been tested in any LDoN adventures yet. But since most of the LDoN issues to date have been server offset issues, there shouldn't be any problems.

New Feature:
-----------------
- The re-addition of my old View filters. The View menu is back with submenus for Map, Spawn List, and All. Each submenu has options to filter out NPCs, Corpses, Players, Invis Mobs, Mounts, Familiars, and Pets.

- The generic Show NPCs/Corpses/Players/Invis toggles in the Options menu have been removed as they are superceded by the new View options. Their hotkeys (F10, F11) have been moved to their View-All equivalents.

Fixes:
--------
- Various fixes that were brought up in the threads since 15.4. i.e. About box, filter file names, Stop button, etc.

- Tooltips will no longer pop up on the map for mobs that are not actually being drawn on the map due to View settings.

- A check is done during the prefs.xml load to see whether any of the directories in it don't exist. If they don't, it will now give a message and resort to the default instead of give a message and quit.

Know Issues:
-----------------
- The Pets option currently only filters out Soandso's Warder and Soandso's Pet until we have the flags from the server for normal pets like Jibarer.

Regarding CPU Utilization:
---------------------------------
I did a lot of testing to make sure the new view filters didn't take up much CPU utilization. Most of my tests were done in PoK because it's a crowded place that was easy to get to. In 15.4, the average utilization in PoK was between 20-25%. In 15.5, the avergage utilization in PoK with all of the view toggles turned ON was the same. The only time it increased was when you turned OFF Familiars, Pets, or Mounts. But even then, the increase wasn't more than 2-3%.

In short, if you're worried about CPU utilization, make sure you keep all of the new View filters turned ON.

MQSEQ2
11-10-2003, 06:48 PM
I looked at the source and it looks good. I modified the ManpCon.cs and added the Map Color Check. This will automatically check adjust the map/text color based on the background. I have post those changes in the zip. So if you downloaded the version prior this message you will need to redownload the zip for that feature.

Godd job Jag and Slart.

CybMax
11-11-2003, 02:37 AM
Removed. Figured out my bad.. :P

PS. Keep magiclibrary.dll AND FolderBrowser.dll..

Midnight
11-11-2003, 09:05 AM
Since 1.10 is pretty much broken (crashes frequently).. I suggest it's download link is taken down till it can be fixed. I know it confused a friend of mine I tried to help setup MSEQ for 2 days ago. Also, good work 1.5.5.. looks good

MQSEQ2
11-11-2003, 09:33 AM
I removed the 1.10 Link. Some folks are running 1.10 with no problems tho.

Midnight
11-11-2003, 09:37 AM
This version is MUCH more clean than 1.5.4. My spawn list preferences would never save with the previous version.. now they do. The option to remove Familiars/Invis/Mounts/Etc from both areas is one of my favorite features. The only thing I DID just notice is that you can no longer left click an empty spot on the map to get rid of your target. I liked this option so that the directional line to my target didn't always stay up until I changed targets.

jag111
11-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Posted 1.15.6 on the dvolve site.

The only change is a minor optimization when drawing the map with the new GetDistinctColor methods. I added some logic that will skip the GetDistinctColor check if the current line/text is the same color as the last line/text.

In thinking about map optimizations, it occurred to me that we re-draw the map on every re-paint call. But theoretically, we could save some cpu cycles if we only re-draw it from scratch when the position or zoom level have changed...and maybe depth filter. Of course, this would basically involve saving an "image" of the map in memory and just using that if nothing has changed that requires a map re-draw. So perhaps I'll look into this in the future.

As far as other new features go. The next thing I was going to try and work on was re-vamping our alert system to be identical to Linux SEQ's. However, Zaphod recently posted a sneak preview of some major changes he's working on for Linux SEQ and one of them is a revamp of their own filtering system (moving to xml files and such). So I'll probably just leave ours as-is until that is more finalized and stable.

P.S. Midnight, I'll take a look at that cancel target bug/feature you mentioned and post another update if I manage to fix it.

MQSEQ2
11-11-2003, 03:21 PM
I will have to see the XML format to decide if I would like it. The current version is very easy to edit vs. an XML would require a Interface to make the changes (which would be the best way). If there is no Interface to make the changes then it's gonna be a mess to make changes and folks wont like it.

As for the map drawing it would be very easy to breakout the map drawing code and only draw the map on Zoom changes. When you Zone it resets the Zoom to 100 so we just put the Call on the Spinner Change Event. This should resolve that issue.

There will be alot of new changes coming to the Client as soon as the new Server is done. Since I'm working on the new Server, I thought of a cool thing for the SpawnInfo Window, right now it's a light yellow and the idea is having it change to con color (using very light colors, lite green/yellow/blue/red/white) on the blue find use Cyan for lite blues and a lil darker for Dark Blues and for Reds use a lite pink or something. So if you want to try that it would help folks out if they can't see the con color of the spawn.

bobobard
11-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Can you aproximate the performance increase from 1.14 version?

I was running 1.14 on my P3 450Mhz 512MB Win98 and it was clobbering my CPU. I just found it to be un-usable. I use that machine to surf also and the mouse would freeze up ever few seconds. I cut back my refresh time to 1000ms, but that didnt help too much either.

jag111
11-11-2003, 04:16 PM
The best way to find out would be to test it for yourself.

MQSEQ2
11-11-2003, 04:20 PM
I do know the 1.15.x series fixed the Spawn List updating the list with new spawns. The older version added each Spawn to the list and updated the list after each one. The new versions only updates the list once all the Spawns have been added which means very fast population of the Spawn List, cutting down the CPU %.

jag111
11-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Posted 1.15.7 on the dvolve site.

Fixed the bug Midnight mentioned about the map not cancelling the target when you click in an area without a mob. It now works as follows:

Clicking on a mob will select it in the spawn list and draw a line to it in the map window.

Clicking on the map where there is no mob will remove the line to that mob, but keep the mob selected in the spawn list (changed this as a personal preference because "de-selecting" it in the spawn list wasn't fully de-selecting it and instead making it a black on black row).

Clicking on the map and dragging will pan the map like it always has, but will keep any mob selected that was selected when you started dragging.

undeadorc
11-16-2003, 02:25 AM
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc()
at System.Windows.Forms.ImageList.GetBitmap(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.ImageCollection.get_Item(Int3 2 index)
at Crownwood.Magic.Controls.InertButton.OnPaint(Paint EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
myseq
Assembly Version: 1.15.7.27818
Win32 Version: 1.15.7.27818
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/WSEQ/MYSEQ/MYSEQ.EXE
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
MagicLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/WSEQ/MYSEQ/MagicLibrary.DLL
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
RegexAssembly2_0
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: n/a
CodeBase:
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

undeadorc
11-16-2003, 02:35 AM
ok, i installed the server, and client in different folder, and this is the error i get when trying to load it up:

Uncaught exception in Main (): File or assembly name MagicLibrary, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

and it does not load... what is my problem?

JustAnotherUser
11-16-2003, 02:38 AM
You are missing the MagicLibrary.dll. It has to be in the same folder as your MYSEQ executable. If you dont have it, download any of those packages linked here and it should be in there.

MQSEQ2
11-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Download the Support Files.

undeadorc
11-16-2003, 12:29 PM
ok, i got all the files, and it loads fine, only problem i am having now is when i click options, it gives me:

An unhandled exception has occurred in your applicatoin. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediately.

File or assembly name FolderBrowser, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Then Details lists:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name FolderBrowser, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "FolderBrowser"
at myseq.frmOptions..ctor()
at myseq.frmMain.mnuOptions_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = FolderBrowser, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\SHOWEQ\
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : myseq, Version=1.15.7.27818, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: FolderBrowser, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/SHOWEQ/FolderBrowser.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/SHOWEQ/FolderBrowser/FolderBrowser.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/SHOWEQ/FolderBrowser.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/SHOWEQ/FolderBrowser/FolderBrowser.EXE.

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
myseq
Assembly Version: 1.15.7.27818
Win32 Version: 1.15.7.27818
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/SHOWEQ/MYSEQ.EXE
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
MagicLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/DESKTOP/SHOWEQ/MagicLibrary.DLL
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
RegexAssembly2_0
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: n/a
CodeBase:
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.runtime.serialization.formatters.soap.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

this is when i click the options command.

MQSEQ2
11-16-2003, 12:34 PM
The FolderBrowser.dll should be located in the 1.15.5 zip file and be placed in the same directory as the executable.

If you continue to have problems please download the Installation Package from Xeerer and it will fix your issues.

undeadorc
11-16-2003, 01:12 PM
done, done and done, fixed, thanks man. Looks great too. Keep up the good work.