PDA

View Full Version : Nothing happens

Flight101
11-10-2003, 06:57 PM
OK. This may sound stupid to some but here goes.

This is the first time i have used SEQ and from what im readin on this forum its great...Unfortunately i cant seem to get it working.

I have RedHat 9 on my laptop and have compiled and updated SEQ to version 4.3.17.1 and all goes fine. I run SEQ and it runs fine (only shows an error to do with the Guilds.dat file) and looks good. I enter the IP address of the machine i want it to collect data from and.....Nothing, a big fat zero. am i missing something really simple or has something gone seriously wrong during hte compiling(i re-compiled twice).

SEQ is running on Laptop (RH9)
EQ is running on (WinXP).

Connected over a TCPIP network via a Linksys BEFSR41 Router/Switch(is this the problem? do i need to connect a hub?)

Any ideas would be great. (Remember:Im new to ShowEQ) ;)

quackrabbit
11-10-2003, 07:15 PM
Have you applied the patches required for the 11/05/03 update? If not they can be found here -> http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4196

Dark
11-10-2003, 07:23 PM
It does require a Hub. Wont work with a switch.

Flight101
11-10-2003, 07:28 PM
Well sheesh! i upgraded my network to use only switches just before i moved from the UK to Norway and i left my 2 hubs(1 netgear and 1 d-link) in the UK :( Looks like i gotta buy one then :-/