PDA

View Full Version : Question about the spell list and effects

Davion
11-11-2003, 08:52 AM
I've been lurking here for quite some time and am a neophyte when it comes to programming... so with that out of the way, I have this odd prob that when I use the monk epic, in the spell list in SEQ, it shows the Celestial Fist buff, and each time I hit it, I get 1 or 2 more added to the list.. over the course of a fight, there can be up to 50 of those entries on that list. Is there anyway that I can force that list to ignore that buff, or just make it update the first CF that is placed on it ? I like keeping the rest of the spell list there so I know how much time I have left on my buffs.

Thanks in advanced...

Cryonic
11-11-2003, 09:59 AM
I'm guessing the buff is a self only buff, in which case SEQ seems to set the target to NA. This happens to me when I'm working on spell skills and casting self only buffs on myself (druid or ranger thorns). Since I keep the spell list sorted by time remaining, I just double-click each thorn entry to get rid of them until I have the last entry of that spell.

(this would just be a short term fix).

Dedpoet
11-11-2003, 10:03 AM
I actually thought about this at one point too. I imagine there are probably multiple buffs out there that people don't want on the list. I wonder if it would be too much to collect such a list and put their ID's into a "do not display these spells" list.

What happens is that you are clicking the monk epic every 4 or 5 seconds, probably when you flying kick. The duration of the spell effect is 12 seconds though, and it doesn't overwrite itself in the buff window, and I believe it stays for a whole tick (6 more seconds) after it wears off. So what you get is a spell window full of Celestial Tranquility - some with 12 seconds, some with 6 seconds, and some that are expired.

I would imagine twisting bards would have the same issue.

GratefulUser
11-11-2003, 12:40 PM
I've wondered this too. An "ignore this spell" list would be nice especially for debuffs when grinding. Doesn't matter to me that tash has 12 minutes left on a mob thats been dead for 5 minutes already :)

Davion
11-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Dedpoet hit it right on the nose. That is the exact thing I speak of... it's annoying... just one of those "is there a way" kinda questions

:)