PDA

View Full Version : Looking for EQ emulator.

Veinworm
11-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before or if I'm asking in the wrong forum but....

I've been out of EQ for awhile now, I haven't played for over a year now! Lately, I've been getting the itch again. I've been wondering if they have made any significant improvements on the EQ emulators and if so, can anyone suggest a good one. The only thing that is really drawing me back is all the zones I missed out on.

BTW, I would like to thank all the devs for such a great prog, I used SEQ religiously back in the day. I would have quit much sooner without it!

Zaphod
11-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Veinworm
Sorry if this has been asked before or if I'm asking in the wrong forum but....

I've been out of EQ for awhile now, I haven't played for over a year now! Lately, I've been getting the itch again. I've been wondering if they have made any significant improvements on the EQ emulators and if so, can anyone suggest a good one. The only thing that is really drawing me back is all the zones I missed out on.

BTW, I would like to thank all the devs for such a great prog, I used SEQ religiously back in the day. I would have quit much sooner without it!

I haven't played on an emulator, but I do occasionally collaborate with the EQEmu (http://www.everquestserver.com/main.php) folks on opcodes and structures. They supposedly have fairly decent support with a good size group of developers and server operators.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Freakyuno
11-16-2003, 02:56 AM
Not sure if this is exactaly what your asking but...

You dont use an EQ Emulator per say like they were developing at hackers Quest for zone exploration for a while. The folks over at EQEmu (link in Zaphods post), actually have set up internet based servers that with a little work, and a little luck, you connect your standard (sometimes unpatched) version of installed EQ to.

BrianW
12-13-2003, 06:24 PM
eqemu still is around, they have a linux version now i do believe, all the server you can play on, require an updated EQ files, the zones are mostly populated, with a few still missing all the mobs
you can setup your own server or just connect to the existing ones and play on the one of theirs