PDA

View Full Version : OT: SEQ and Servers and charmoves

minigirl
11-17-2003, 04:12 AM
Since I most probably will move to another server soon to fit my timezone better I have a few questions:

1 )

Are there any servers that SHOWEQ ( and to a lesser degree MYSEQ ) will not work with ?

2)

Does anybody a good idea about a not localized ( alas a ShowEQ able server ) that has a large / huge Eurobased player base ?

2)

I have two accounts ..of which i would move the two mains - one from each account and basically then dictch my old server. My one account im the original owner - the other not...

From the form i dont see any hinderance for moving my " inherited " account.

Wonder if i would get myself into trouble for moving a char on the account i didn't original own...... any insight ?

Mini

LordCrush
11-17-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by minigirl
Since I most probably will move to another server soon to fit my timezone better I have a few questions:

1 )

Are there any servers that SHOWEQ ( and to a lesser degree MYSEQ ) will not work with ?

SEQ works fine with very little drawbacks ... /cheer Zaphod :)
most is that the filters from BlueAdept don't longer work, because of the translated Mob-Names

For information on getting SEQ to work on localized server look here:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3752

2)

Does anybody a good idea about a not localized ( alas a ShowEQ able server ) that has a large / huge Eurobased player base ?

Antonius Bayle (SoE) / Venril Sathyr (Ubi)...

3)

I have two accounts ..of which i would move the two mains - one from each account and basically then dictch my old server. My one account im the original owner - the other not...

From the form i dont see any hinderance for moving my " inherited " account.

Wonder if i would get myself into trouble for moving a char on the account i didn't original own...... any insight ?

I did this myself without problems

-- LC

minigirl
11-20-2003, 02:33 AM
But Lordcrush:

The second account of mine..I want to take the main to same server as the main from my primary account.

The second account was not mine original - and i dont have original info..

From the form i can fill out at Sony's site....you didnt do/write anything special ? ( as i dont have original billing info )..

You just filled the form and yupti you got the char moved ?

Dedpoet
11-20-2003, 08:55 AM
I think it depends on what account rep you get and if he's in a good mood. I moved a character to a separate account recently and they denied it because even though the 2 accounts were on the same credit card, one of them had only recently been moved to that card. After several exchanged emails explaining the card history (I really was the original owner) they finally moved it. A friend of mone moved a character under the same circumstances except he was not the orginal owner - he didn't have the original cc information but they moved his character anyway with no questions.

Do you have the original CD key for the account you inherited? That was the first thing they asked for. I didn't have that because the original software box is long lost and that's why they were asking me about cc info.

Edit: The worst that they could do is deny the move. Apply for the account you're unsure about first and if it goes through then do the other one.

minigirl
11-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Excellent answers all )

LordCrush
11-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Just for info

With my moves to Kael it was not possible´to move a single char only the whole account

Greetings

-- LC