PDA

View Full Version : Spawns not seen by seq - but EQ client can

User13
11-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Heya.

First post, I haven't ever needed to post before as the search buttons seems to work very well, but I was unable to find anything related so here goes.

*Put his fireproof cloak on*

When I was in Sol Ro, I was unable to see the Protector of Dresolich (might have the spelling incorrect) within SEQ, and I figured the filters were causing me some grief.

However when we actually got to the mob, he was definitely there.

As soon as I clicked and considered SEQ found the spawn and added it.

Current version of SEQ, fresh instal, fresh compile, all else seems to be working ok.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Cryonic
11-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Did it show up as a grey dot or colored dot (green, cyan, blue, white, yellow, red)

what name was shown in the spawnlist when it was conned

what do your filters contain (Filters -> Edit Filters, Filters -> Edit Zone Filters)

Do you have depth filtering turned on for mobs

User13
11-25-2003, 10:37 PM
The spawn did not show in the NPC or the ALL lists. Once I clicked and considered, it then showed in...

NPC
ALL
Alert

I'm one of those that doesn't tell folks online what I can see, I just use it to watch what is going on. I wondered why we were going to a mob that wasn't up.

No dot actually appeared where the mobs spawns, but not sure if I have unknowns displayed.

Thanks

Ice
11-26-2003, 12:05 AM
i've used it for years on solusek ro and have seen prot up with seq many many times before. Its definately something on your end.

guice
11-26-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by User13
When I was in Sol Ro, I was unable to see the Protector of Dresolich (might have the spelling incorrect) within SEQ, and I figured the filters were causing me some grief.

However when we actually got to the mob, he was definitely there.

As soon as I clicked and considered SEQ found the spawn and added it.
You are aware that he is Not up until you spawn him, right? And it's The Protector of Dresolik.

There is nothing wrong with SEQ. You're just reading the information incorrectly.

I would gather that your guild stands outside of the door way and pulls the guards into that room just before the room the Protector spawns in. Am I right?

Originally posted by User13
I wondered why we were going to a mob that wasn't up.
That's cause you don't understand how Dresolik works. True sign there; you don't know it's not him you track.

datadog
11-26-2003, 11:20 AM
This may be related to the patch yesterday..

I was doing an LDON mission last night in Mistmoor and noticed there were several mobs in the dungeon that were not on ShowEQ at all.

User13
12-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Guice, thanks for the info, no I wasn't aware Dres was spawned, I was going on some of the others spawns like jiva which are visible generally.

Cheers for the help.

Gilson
12-04-2003, 10:25 AM
In the future, the trigger mobs for Protector are the Guardians of Dresolik. Kill the 4 Guardians, and Protector spawns.