PDA

View Full Version : Returning to EQ and SEQ. CVS Password needed???

Hobo
11-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Got bored with the other games out there so I decided to come back to EQ, and of course SEQ. Since it's been awhile for me I went straight to the SEQ FAQ and followed the instructions there. After logging in to CVS it asks for the CVS password. I hit enter (as in blank, no password). Then when I attemtp to do the checkout and download the newest SEQ I get the following message:

"CVS checkout: used empty password: try "cvs login" with a real password"

Soooo....do we now need a password? If so, can someone tell me what it is please. Seems kind of strange but then I see a lot has changed around here since last March. Things are looking very good. :)

Thanks!

Hobo

Cryonic
11-28-2003, 06:24 PM
anon cvs is still password free.

Hobo
11-28-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Cryonic. Any ideas what I am doing wrong then?

Per the FAQ, I type:

# cd / [I hit ENTER]
# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login [I hit ENTER]

Then I receive this line:

Logging in to :pserver:[email protected]:2401/cvsroot/seq
CVS password: [I hit ENTER]

# cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq [I hit ENTER]

Then I get this message in return:

"cvs checkout: authorization failed: server cvs.seq.sourceforge.net rejected access to /seq for user ananymous"

Then is says:

"cvs checkout: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password"

Beats the hell out of me what is wrong, but I'm guess maybe the FAQ is out of date and I need to do it slightly different now. I'll do some searching and see what else I can find. If you have any ideas where I messed up please post them. Thanks!

Hobo

Zaphod
11-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Or you could just get the tarball from the ShowEQ's File (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10131) section and grab the latest tarball...

SF.net CVS has been flaky for a while, hence the tarballs.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Hobo
11-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Thanks Zaph. I did that last night and all is good. Looks like you've done a real fine job since I've been gone. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hobo