PDA

View Full Version : please help me

Warhon
11-30-2003, 12:51 PM
i am new to running MYSEQ, i have head everything i can find on it, no matter what i do, it wont run, i get a blank screen, i have downloaded several versions of the server 1.9b, i have the client version 1.15.12, i have download the support files and unzipped them in the clients folder, i made sure i have the most recent offsets........

Nothing works, the client and the server are talking the client make a connection to the server, on my client i get nothing at all.

Can someone please give me some insight as to why this wont run.

I am running window XP pro, i have downloaded and in stalled the .net framework

Yrvaken
11-30-2003, 01:03 PM
have a firewall ? =P

Warhon
11-30-2003, 01:45 PM
i do, linksys wireless router

MQSEQ2
11-30-2003, 03:09 PM
It's not a FireWall.

Download Server 1.11 and everything should work for you. 1.11 should already have the latest offsets (11/25/2003) in the Ini file.

It sounds like you have an older version of 1.9b.

If this doesn't solve the problem then turn on the Error Logging (F1 -> Set Logging to 1) then post your results. Also verify that the connection is being made to the Server via the Server window.

xeerex
12-01-2003, 01:11 AM
Router = physical firewall due to NAT/port changes/etc

Your router shouldn't cause you any problems unless you are running the MySEQ client on a 2nd pc. The only trouble then would maybe be assigned static IP addresses if you didn't know how.

You can also try the self-installers if you continue to have trouble. I just take the excellent programs written by the developers and create setup.exe files for the MySEQ client.

http://www.rexpage.com/myseq

Warhon
12-01-2003, 01:57 AM
it was the server version i was trying to use, i downloaded 1.11 and its working fine, thanks for your help.

xeerex
12-01-2003, 09:28 PM
In that case, it must have been the offsets. The previous servers (1.9b) will run the new client.

One thing to remember when changing the offsets is that you must save the file as an "All Files" type in Notepad. Otherwise you save yourself a new txt file and do not overwrite the ini file. :cool:

I am adding that to my FAQ since you reminded me of it.

MQSEQ2
12-01-2003, 09:40 PM
There was a Server 1.9b dated in June that will not work with the offsets, only the 19b dated in Oct will work. That's why I released the Server 1.11 which is nothing more than Oct 1.9b with the version changed. That's why I state it's the only one supported cause I know if folks run 1.11 there won't be any issues.

xeerex
12-06-2003, 01:09 AM
Interesting. I can run both v1.9's. The only trouble is the pre-Oct version won't let allow the auto-target to work.