PDA

View Full Version : Seg faults in 4.3.18

SEQ_Jonesing
11-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Since the Nov 6 patch I've been getting seg faults. They come 1 second to 15 minutes after zoning.

4.3.17 with patch didn't do this. I've installed 4.3.18 several times and it's still doing it. I've been running SEQ for 2 years, and I have made my own edits when needed. The current version is stock, though.

I've got my strings and spells files for 4.3.18 in place.

Make is just ducky. While SEQ is running, it decodes and displays flawlessly. It just won't run for more than 15 minutes.

There -seems- to be some correlation with other players entering the zone. If I am alone in the zone it runs longer.

My last packets don't show anything consistently weird, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for in any case. There aren't any odd messages in the text screen priot to crash--just 'Segmentation Fault'.

Cryonic
11-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a hardware issue as the only thing that seems to kill 4.3.18 for me is trying to decode non-EQ traffic when EQ isn't running. I leave SEQ up even if I'm not playing and have had it running for longer than a week.

Dedpoet
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
I also got a seg fault today when I accidentally put a backslash at the end of my query in the search box. It seg faulted with some message about a "trailing \".

And definitely if there is non-EQ traffic on my network, I absolutely have to start with --ip-address or I seg fault.

No huge deal, just worth mentioning.