PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something?

kamui
12-04-2003, 01:26 AM
Okie heres the deal, I build and install this fine piece of code, everything goes smoth. I read the Docs and try and get her up and running. This program runs fine all the screens come up but I can't seem to grab any packets...

I am running EQ via WineX 3.2 on a Gentoo system using 2.6.0 test10 as my kernel, xfree-4.3.99.16 and Gnome-2.4... Here is a list of what the terminal reads back to me.

root@nightshade bin # ./showeq -r
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
Using config file '/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml'
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!
ShowEQ 4.3.18, released under the GPL.
SINS 0.5, released under the GPL.
All ShowEQ source code is Copyright (C) 2000-2003 by the respective ShowEQ Developers
ShowEQ comes with NO WARRANTY.

You may redistribute copies of ShowEQ under the terms of
The GNU General Public License.
See: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html for more details...

For updates and information, please visit http://seq.sourceforge.net/
ShowEQ 4.3.18, Built from 'main.cpp' on Dec 3 2003 at 22:45:31
CVS: $Id: main.cpp,v 1.33 2003/10/25 00:20:59 dohpaz Exp $
Using GCC version: 3.3.2
Using glibc version: 2.3
Using Qt version: 3.1.2
Using headers from linux version: 2.4.19
Using EQItemDB: @(#) $Id: itemdb.cpp,v 1.10 2003/10/25 00:20:59 dohpaz Exp $
Using GDBM: This is GDBM version 1.8.0, as of May 19, 1999.
Running on Linux release 2.6.0-test10 for processor i686

Spells::Spells(): Failed to open: '/usr/local/share/showeq/spells_us.txt'
Listening for first client seen.
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, searching for EQ client...
Loading filters from '/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf'
Loading Filter File: /usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat
Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
EQInterface::loadFormatStrings(): Failed to open '/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_us.txt'

Not sure how it is suppose to look but any and all help would be more then welcome, thanks much.

-kamui

datadog
12-04-2003, 01:59 AM
Are the linux box and the EQ system on the same broadcast domain? (i.e. are they both plugged in to the same hub?).

As per the FAQ and many many posts on this board, a switch will not work.

Also, you need to copy the spells_us.txt and eqstr_us.txt to the appropriate folders on the linux box manually. The guilds2.dat will copy over automagically once you get the two talking.

If you run a tcpdump on the interface, do you see traffic to/from the EQ system? Im guessing no, and that your problem is probably network related.

kamui
12-04-2003, 03:36 AM
The linux box and the EQ system are the same box, I beleave this option was added to SEQ with the last cvs.

Im rather sure that either I am mistaken and this can not be done or else I don't know where to point SEQ to pick up the packets. By default it wants to use eth0 and 127.0.0.0 as the ip. I have DSL vis DHCP so my internet connection is wraped to eth0 with a ppp layer which sets my actual net ip address on ppp0.

I have tryed pointing SEQ to that ip while on eth0. No luck.

Then I tryed channing the ip as well as the netword device to ppp0 and I seg fault out.

Checked with Zaphod in IRC and he was helpful but we where unable to come up with a fix. Hope this info helps clear things up some. Anything else I should include please just say.

Thanks again

-kamui

-edit-

Its my pppoe isen't it =/ Its capsulating the packets... Just a thought, not sure though... How would I go about resolving this situation if this is the problem...

Setup looks like this

| - Internet aDSL line
|
[DSL Modem]
|
[Linux box running pppoe,
Everquest via winex,
SEQ and forwarding]
|
| -line to hub and other systems

uRit1u2CBBA=
12-04-2003, 09:47 AM
That looks normal for a first-time installed SEQ system.

Spells::Spells(): Failed to open: '/usr/local/share/showeq/spells_us.txt' Copy over this file from your EQ folder to /usr/local/share/showeq

Loading Filter File: /usr/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf
Error opening map file '/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map'!
It initially doesn't know what zone you are in. Zone after loading, or load SEQ before logging into EQ.

GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat The guild2.dat file is sent to your EQ box (and SEQ intercepts this file) as part of the server loading process (after server select screen, before character select screen) - have SEQ loaded before you load EQ, and the next time you run SEQ you shouldn't have this problem.
EQInterface::loadFormatStrings(): Failed to open '/usr/local/share/showeq/eqstr_us.txt' Same as spells_us.txt - copy the file.

Cryonic
12-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Odds are SEQ can't decode the PPPoE stream coming to/from the DSL modem on Eth0.

What kind of DSL modem is it (internal PCI, external box)?

I have a Cisco 675 DSL modem that does the PPPoE and so packets coming out of it onto my network are normal ethernet frames. So, you either need to get the modem to do PPPoE or get a Gateway/Router that will handle PPPoE (e.g. Linksys).

S_B_R
12-04-2003, 01:36 PM
There are several threads about PPPoE, basically, no SEQ can not read PPPoE packets. What you maybe able to do is: Setup 2 aliased NICs (we'll call them NIC1 and NIC2 configure NIC1 as a gateway to the PPPoE NIC setup NIC2 as just a NIC on the same subnet as NIC1 with it's default gateway being NIC1 Then force Wine to use NIC2 Set SEQ to listen to NIC2 and the IP address you assigned to NIC2

Now I don't know if that will work forsure, nor do I know how to force Wine to use a specific NIC, but it sounds like it could work ;)

kamui
12-10-2003, 02:25 AM
The problem here was that my packets where in pppoe form, tossed togeather another box out of an old 200 pent and am now running that as a firewall, everything works great now, sorrie to add clutter to the board =p

-kamui