PDA

View Full Version : Open source???

Migs
12-06-2003, 02:23 PM
I thought this was open source? where can i get the .13 source? I need it bad lol
Thanks

MQSEQ2
12-06-2003, 02:49 PM
This is a Open Source project. And when you say .13 are you talking 1.15.13? If so I have not release it officially yet.

You must have gotten your 1.15.13 Beta from the EQEmu site. I will be releasing 1.15.13 sometime this weekend.

Migs
12-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Ok, not used to your releases, but are you one who's weekends are 3 months long? sorry, but a lot of people say they are going to do something, but it doesn't get done for a long time, cause of 'bugs' or so they call them. I really need the Z to be in the dump of Save mobs lol, been setting up my server and no darn mobs. lol Thanks

Oh and if i can fix the Z thing in the coding pretty easily, I'm not stupid, and i have VS6 and Borland 6 as well so any help would be real nice ;p

CoolGuyEQ
12-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Don't like when stuff is released? Do it yourself :) It's out when it's out!

CGEQ

Blind Aviator
12-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Ok, not used to your releases, but are you one who's weekends are 3 months long? sorry, but a lot of people say they are going to do something, but it doesn't get done for a long time, cause of 'bugs' or so they call them
MQSEQ2 does a great job or releasing when he says he is going to if not before.... Don't go riding his arse as he does this for free (probably not a lot of fun either) and has been doing wonderful things for MySEQ in the past couple of months...

Cut him a little slack and be patient and you will be happy with the results... Ride his arse and he may just stop doing anything...

BA

Migs
12-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey, what can i say, I'm an american LOL! Patience? what is this you speak of! lol!
Sorry!
Alas, time to kill some time :D

Undertaker
12-06-2003, 11:45 PM
If you took the time to read through the forums, you'd realize that updates are being released VERY often. Don't be so impatient.

Hey, what can i say, I'm an american LOL! Patience? what is this you speak of! lol!
Hey, don't give the rest of us a bad name by throwing out some smart assed comment.

MQSEQ2
12-06-2003, 11:59 PM
This is funny hehe. I've been making some major improvements today with the Server 2.0 and Tester program aka new stuff you aint seen before.

It's hard to say I don't get paid to do this since I work on 10 hrs a day at work and get paid pretty good (thats how bored I'm at work). Right now this is what I think is cool in EQ, gives me something to do since the game has grown old to me.

I will release the code tomorrow (aka Sunday since it's 11:58 PM on Saturday) ;). I'm working with someone doing work on the EQEmu project so he will get a kick out of this thread.

BTW 1.15.13 does place the Z and the heading in the Save Mob outputs.

Migs
12-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Glad I gave you guys a laff.

Hey, don't give the rest of us a bad name by throwing out some smart assed comment.

ahaha, yea, they do a good enough job on their own.

I'm done now.

"Time to kill Time."

MQSEQ2
12-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Please don't trash people on the Forums, this Forum has been pretty helpful without degrading folks. Once this Forum becomes like SEQ and MacroQuest (on Searches and Help) will be the day I stop putting fouth the effort in the project.

showme1
12-07-2003, 04:05 PM
myseq2 owns, nuff said

xeerex
12-08-2003, 12:39 PM
/agree with MySEQ2

Flames can be extinguished by simply cutting off the supply of oxygen. Development has been at a rapid pace and the attitude of this board has been great, but if the flaming starts I'm sure the dev will cease. I know I'll quit spending my time/bandwidth to do the self-installers.

Lets all keep it in perspective and not trash our countries or our fellow Norrathians at all.