PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Tardiss
12-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Hacking? (http://www.team-maia.com/hateowned/)

Thanks,

Tardiss

BlueAdept
12-08-2003, 08:40 AM
They probably used the emulator for that.

Tardiss
12-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Not according to monkly business (http://pub147.ezboard.com/fmonklybusiness43508frm1.showMessage?topicID=42779 .topic) forums.

Thanks

Fatal
12-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Thats a live server. No doubt about it. One of the MacroQuest plug ins will allow that.. bad news for the macroquest folks. This tard is going to get em all ganked.

BlueAdept
12-08-2003, 04:50 PM
I dont know if all of it is true, I do know of a way to get around flag and level reqirements for a zone.

Even though I havent done it for some time, I was able to get a lvl 1 char into PoTranquility (you need lvl 46). No memory hacking or anything like that so I know that part is possible.

As for the other stuff, might be possible. People have hacked the GM commands before, but I thought the flag was moved serverside along with needing a special client. The loot corpse from anywhere in the zone is also possible. So is the bank anywhere too. Those were old memory hacks that I guess they updated. What I didnt know is that there is a hack to allow someone who isnt authorized to loot it get the stuff.

Zaphod
12-08-2003, 06:29 PM
First,
This person was obviously using MQ. The who output with the GM's is definitely from MQ's superwho.

And it looks like the hacks they were using will be going away:
http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=59786

I really wish stupid script kiddies hadn't got such easy access to powerful hacks...

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

BlueAdept
12-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Im sorry but some of those cheats shouldnt have existed at all. Im glad that sony is nailing them. Any cheat that deprives someone else of items(ie looting of a corpse from a distance), causes problems to EQ's economy (dupes or massive plat influx), or allows someone to cause damage to someone elses account, should be removed.

I have a feeling that they will try to kill MQ now. Even though it can be used for exploitation, it does have usefullness (even though I dont use it). It sure would have made all those damn tradeskills a lot easier.

Hopefully they wont screw with ShowEQ.

PS, I know someone is going to call me a hypocrite for my first statement because SEQ could be considered a cheat that deprives someone else of items, since SEQ lets you see the named before others can find them. Well maybe I am, but I dont see it that way. If a named spawn is up, it does give me an advantage, but Im not directly KSing someone elses spawn that they have killed. Besides, 99.99% of the named that I would be interested in, would need a raid force.

Stogar
12-09-2003, 01:29 PM
There was a month or so when precompiled binaries and modified versions of MQ were put out. The devs at MQ changed it but obviously this is a prime example of why NOT to release things precompiled.

S_B_R
12-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Stogar
There was a month or so when precompiled binaries and modified versions of MQ were put out. The devs at MQ changed it but obviously this is a prime example of why NOT to release things precompiled.

Actually in the begning MQ was officially distributed in both Binary and Source forms. I personally stop using it before they switched to the Source only distribution.

MacroQuest is a very nice tool. Unfotunately it is easily exploited. It would be great to see a macroing language as useful as MQ built into future MMO's (or even retro-fitted into existing MMO's). Of course they'd need to limit the exploit potential, but that would be easier done if it was an in-game tool, and people would be less likely to develope a similar tool outside of the game.

hey I can dream can't I ;)

Stogar
12-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Oh I wasn't talking about official stuff. I was talking about a particular version that someone had released. I just didn't want to post names, the guy was banned from FH and MQ boards.

S_B_R
12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
I see... Well consider that a mini MQ history lesson ;)