PDA

View Full Version : How not to beg for a "windows version of ShowEQ"

Ratt
12-09-2003, 09:34 PM
Got this little gem in my PM box today... much like planting a head on a pike on the front lawn, I thought I'd throw this sucker out there to warn any other miscreants to stay away from ShowEQ.

timebomb wrote on 12-09-2003 10:24 AM:
ok is there a windows version of show eq available that you know of i am willing to help work on it both me and my roomie are in programming he is finished and i am still in school

If you are incapable of deducing the answer to that question yourself, I seriously doubt you could possibly contribute anything to the project. Couple that with the fact that you apparently have no concept of punctuation, capitalization, sentence structure or grammar, several traits required to program effectively, I'm fairly convinced you are nothing but a two-bit 12 year old script kiddie looking for a free hand out; someone who I definitely do NOT want to ever get their grubby, greasy little cum covered mitts on ShowEQ.

Add to the fact that if you had any skills at all in coding, you'd have already had the Linux version setup and running (because coding well is infinitely harder than setting up a Linux machine).

So in short... go away. Parasites like you need to be beaten with a baseball bat and left for dead in the Nevada desert.

ieatacid
12-09-2003, 10:02 PM
What a tool...

You remind me of someone in my guild Ratt, from your reply. Maybe you are....

S_B_R
12-09-2003, 10:25 PM
hehe nah every guild has a Ratt :)

guice
12-09-2003, 11:01 PM
haha, nice.

Cryonic
12-10-2003, 01:05 AM
Musta been the same one that showed up in the IRC channel this morning.

BlueAdept
12-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Heh...I saw Windows ShowEQ and figured it was some loser wanting a windows version. I was getting my shotgun loaded when I saw the poster was Ratt. At least he vindicated me because it was about a loser who sent him a PM :)

What is even more pathetic about timebomb is that there IS a similar program for windows and he/she/it was too lazy to bother to try to find it.

Also with the release of the source for libEQ.a, converting it over to windows is a lot less of a challenge than it used to be.

kamui
12-10-2003, 09:15 AM
You know someone that was alot more crule then I might consider making a "fake" showeq for winblows. Could have alot of fun with ppls systems if you did that. Just a thought <grin>

-kamui

BlueAdept
12-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by kamui
You know someone that was alot more crule then I might consider making a "fake" showeq for winblows. Could have alot of fun with ppls systems if you did that. Just a thought <grin>

-kamui

Been done before. People have made stuff that steals your login info or that has BackOrifice in it and posed it as a windows version of ShowEQ or some kind of hacking program for everquest.

Ice
12-10-2003, 02:23 PM
/bow Ratt.

That was one of the best flames i have seen in a while =)

monklett
12-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Love that sig Ratt. heh.