PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ v5 impressions? (SEQ5 gets owned in The Overthere. )

guice
12-11-2003, 07:01 AM
SEQ5 gets owned in The Overthere.

QGArray::at: Absolute index ###### out of range.

It's like an infanite loop cause that #### is different and keeps raising.

Zaphod
12-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by guice

Does it actually lock up, crash, or do you just see a lot of those messaes scrollby? Also, do you have the spells_us.txt and eqstr_us.txt files installed?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

uRit1u2CBBA=
12-11-2003, 09:32 AM
the same thing happens to me .. I've never let it run its course to see if it fixes itself. By the time I ready HS zone-in, I'll <CTRL-C> the program get the prompt back and re-run the program before I zoned into it.

minigirl
12-11-2003, 11:37 AM
i run seq 5. It works nicely in OT or any other zone.

I know it works in OT bc i still need something in SF..so I make the POk-Stone-OT-SF run several times a week and have several runs through OT...and thats on a overweight char that takes maybe 5 mins to get to SF side.

Thanks Zaphod..expect a donation again once my paycheck lands

guice
12-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Ah, there's my post! I was wondering where it went. Thought I was going insaine when I looked at the old thread and couldn't find it. LOL

Originally posted by Zaphod
Does it actually lock up, crash, or do you just see a lot of those messaes scrollby? Also, do you have the spells_us.txt and eqstr_us.txt files installed?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Lots of them messages scrollby like mad. I have to goto my terminal and control-c it.

I do have spells_us and eqstr_us installed. They are still in the original locations as they were for SEQ4. Did you many change their locations? I'll have to check into that.

Zaphod
12-12-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by guice

Ok, I found the problem. There is a malformed M line on line 77 of the Overthere.map included in ShowEQ 5 Beta 1 and previous. The new map loading code didn't handle this particular type of malformed line. Fixes for the map loading and the Overthere.map will be included in my next CVS commit.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

fhm
12-12-2003, 07:58 PM
I've noticed this happening in the Scarlet Desert and the Twilight Sea also :)

Regards,

CJ