PDA

View Full Version : SEQ on Mandrake 9.2

tony2feathers
12-14-2003, 04:45 PM
I have recently installed mandrake 9.2 on a whim to run SEQ better than the virus windows XP ....anyhow i have everything installed and when i compile SEQ i get messages saying gcc intalled but g++ no, c++ no, supported complier ver. no, gcc-3.0 no, gcc3 no, g++-3.0 no, g++3 no, and last alt compiler no....I do have these things installed my Gcc version is Gcc 3.3.1 /...them error is stateing i need GCC G++ 3.0 or better is there some compiled version of this that i can download or someone can send to me ....any help would be great .

Tor K'tal
12-14-2003, 04:59 PM
try giving this file a read INSTALL.newbie (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.5.16.1&view=markup). If I were to guess you don't have all the packages listed in section 1.2 installed or you may need to do the parts of section 1.4

Could also try searching for gcc or some derative of the 'no' lines you are getting and that might produce more exact answers to your question.

BTW you can get the RPM (packages) from www.rpmfind.net Make sure you get packages that are for your version of mandrake or you could make your system unstable if the other stuff will even install.

~ TK

reaver
12-14-2003, 10:29 PM
You can use the rpmdrake feature built into Mandrake and get the rpm's off the CD's. Just add the rpms that already installed from the Install.Newbies file and it compiles like a charm.

-reaver

Loco
12-15-2003, 06:48 AM
I dont think Showeq 5.0.0.1 will compile with gcc3.3.1, however version 5.0.0.2 changes file says it was patched to fix that issue. I dont know if Showeq 4.3.18 can use gcc3.3.1 to compile, I hadnt tried that.

Loco