PDA

View Full Version : Beta2 Strange Seg Fault

Realy
12-16-2003, 06:26 AM
First of all, sorry for my poor english.

I downloaded beta2 from cvs. The program works fine.
Thank you very much for it. Your efforts are greatly appreciated ! :)

I just have 1 small issue with it :

- The program seg faults when my bst or my cleric use Paragon or Celestial Regeneration ( aa group heals ) and that some people in the group allready have 15 buffs ( i get the "your spell did not take hold" message in eq. )

At first, I thought it was a strange coincidence, but I tested several times and it always crashes the program.

The program does not seg fault when spells such as kazaad mark don t take hold. It only seems to happen with AA heals . Strange.

Thanks again for the hard work!
Reading some of the posts here, I have the feeling that some people do not realize how much work such a project represents.
Keep up the good work :)

Realy

ieatacid
12-16-2003, 08:17 AM
Maybe it's something with your eqstr_us.txt or spells_us.txt files (if they're even there)? Similar things happening a few posts down from this one: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4420

reaver
12-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Using the latest eqstr_us.txt or spells_us.txt files and getting seg faults upon certain spells when they give the messsage:

Spell does not take hold

I'll see if I can document what happens with what spells and buffs being full - but it looks like that's the culprit.

-reaver

Realy
12-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ieatacid
Maybe it's something with your eqstr_us.txt or spells_us.txt files (if they're even there)? Similar things happening a few posts down from this one: http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4420

I already read that thread. But the problem isn't the same.

I already use the latest eqstr_us.txt, spells_us.txt.

Realy

Sphincter
12-16-2003, 04:48 PM
I am using beta2 and I have the same problem. Casting Mind Wrack and if group has fulls buffs * your spell will not take hold * , most of the time seq will segfault. I have also had it segfault when group's buffs were not full when casting Mind Wrack. And of course I am using current _us.txt files