PDA

View Full Version : SEQ broken as of the today's patch

Sneaky
12-18-2003, 11:18 AM
So please, when working out a new fix, please updat the current WORKING (non beta) version of SEQ so we don't have to fight with the problems that appear to be in the beta. From first glance it just looks like op code changes.

perlmonkey
12-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Sneaky
So please, when working out a new fix, please updat the current WORKING (non beta) version of SEQ so we don't have to fight with the problems that appear to be in the beta. From first glance it just looks like op code changes.

Woohoo! I was afraid the combat system was going to require structural changes
to the protocol. This is great news, in that my bazaar search logging may work as soon as the opcodes are patched.

Of course, I'll have to merge it with my opcode changes, unless someone merges in the bazaar search opcode into opcodes.h

who_me_use_seq
12-18-2003, 01:27 PM

So let me see if I get what you are saying.....You are, in essence saying:

"I am not smart enough to fix this myself, but I am so freaking smart that I can tell you people who can fix it how you should do it."

I am sure that Zaphod will recognize you obvious mental superiority and do it your way.

Sneaky
12-18-2003, 02:45 PM
FUCK YOU asshole,

From what I have read the beta version is full of bugs. As a rule I generally don't use beta software unless I am testing it.

You mealy mouth little shit bag...

I have been using SEQ for nearly 4 years and have been through all of teh changes you immature little worm

BadgerOne
12-18-2003, 02:57 PM
anger leads to teh dark side, did you know that ?

S_B_R
12-18-2003, 03:07 PM
FUCK YOU asshole,

From what I have read the beta version is full of bugs. As a rule I generally don't use beta software unless I am testing it.

You mealy mouth little shit bag...

I have been using SEQ for nearly 4 years and have been through all of teh changes you immature little worm Your Kung-Fu is strong.

perlmonkey
12-18-2003, 03:22 PM
Unfortunate flames asside, I'm running late at work. Has anyone else made any progress on determining what changed?

makeitworknow
12-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Codepig666 had a possible fix posted. Here's a link to it. This has not been personally tested or approved by anyone so take it with a grain of salt.

Codepig666's Dec 18th fix (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4447)

who_me_use_seq
12-18-2003, 09:33 PM
I think someone missed his nappy time and is all grumpy.

junk
12-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Agreed. Sneaky, unless your name is in the dev list, STFU. Of course it's broken, Sony has added new features.

Magao
12-18-2003, 09:40 PM
codepig666 new decode.cpp did not work for me. using x.x.17 version and recompiles no errors but nothing.

magao

Magao
12-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Why don't you nerds stop moderating the boards unless your name says Admin. Sneaky had a perfectly valid point, it makes no sense fixing decode.cpp for beta version when it was due to a patch breaking seq, help ppl get the older and much more widely used version back and running first certainly makes more sense from a fixing things stand point>

my @cp flame on

magao

Cryonic
12-18-2003, 10:06 PM
shows what you know. Decode.cpp is for SEQ 4.3.18. THERE IS NO DECODE.CPP FILE IN SEQ5.

SEQ5 now uses a config file for opcodes (so no recompile after you enter them into zoneopcode.xml).

Sneaky
12-18-2003, 10:54 PM
I don't care if little blue fairies come out of my screen and TELL me what mobs are up, If it's beta and it's bugged it's usless....Please fix the older, dependable version.

Cryonic
12-18-2003, 11:57 PM
I don't care if little blue fairies come out of my screen and TELL me what mobs are up, If it's beta and it's bugged it's usless....Please fix the older, dependable version.

There is a version that isn't beta??? I thought SEQ was always a beta program. I've been using SEQ5b1/2 since it came out without issue (until today).

minigirl
12-19-2003, 01:34 AM
My beta 01 and 02 worked nicely....

I say forget about the "older" versions and just go with the flow...let all the lazy fuggers do a new install and/or update of the linux dist )

Alfred
12-19-2003, 06:32 AM

Drama Queen!!!

I for one will take whatever code version these people decide to work on and I'll like it without adding my whinny ass little drama queen bitching: P

Go home you little girl

/waits for the next drama queen tantrum

who_me_use_seq
12-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Well put Alfred.

I am insuficiently talented to fix the code. I can fix networks. I count myself lucky every day that SEQ works. I am glad that the talented people who are able to wrestle this code into shape see fit to share it with the rest of us. My admiration and respect for them grows every time they fix what Sony breaks in what seems like incredibly short timeframes.

Bottom line: If the devs choose to distribute SEQ only in a version for the Palm OS I will attempt to compile it and run it on my handspring and be glad that they did it.

S_B_R
12-19-2003, 09:20 AM
The best part about this whole thread is, it doesn't matter which one is fixed first. Once the work is done converting the opcodes from one to the other will be so easy, trivial wouldn't be a strong enough word.

The hard part in the process is Finding/decoding the OpCodes. Creating the decode.cpp or the zoneopcodes.xml is just inserting those values. Hell, it wouldn't surpirse me if one of the resident Perl guru's could right a script to convert the decode.cpp to zoneopcodes.xml and vice versa.

It's not something to get this worked up over.

junk
12-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Actually I think there IS a bit of a structural change with the addition of the endurance values. But alas, my C++-fu is weak and so I can't code any changes for it.