PDA

View Full Version : So what's working and what's not?

Fruitbat
12-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Hey, first let me say thank you for all your hard work on this project. It's obvious you do this not only to feed your passion with the goodness that is EQ.. but also for each one of us who are not as programably fortunate as they demy-gods that run the show here...

All hail the Devs!

Now, just a quick question. Which version is currently working?
5.0.0.2 beta?
5.0.0.1 beta?
4.3.18 stable?

From just browsing the forums some say they have both .1 and .2 beta working, but I haven't heard anything on 4.3.18. It really doesn't matter to me which one I use =) I don't mind mucking around in the OS either. I mostly just want to know which version I should be mucking with to achieve the most hope for a successful running app.

Thanks in advance...
Thus sayeth the Fruitbat

Cryonic
12-19-2003, 03:45 PM
None, they all need fixes to get them working (hence status of RED)

Fruitbat
12-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Ah, yes.. Thank you Captain Obvious!
Yesterday it said the status was green and it wasn't working. Today its red... but wait! there is extra text there.. what could it say!

No Worky without patches from forums and yet to be discovered fixes...
Could that mean that someone has a fix or enough of one to get it somewhat working again?! No?! surely not.. that couldn't be.. well how would we know.. I know we can post something in the forums.. no wait... the forum monkeys will flame you!

You know what's really funny. You need to be somewhat literate to use a forum, but somehow you missed that small exception to the red code. Will wonders never cease?

So, back to my original question...

codepig666
12-19-2003, 04:06 PM
If you read the post in the dev section you will find more than enough information to get any version working 90% or better (depending on which features you crave)

-piggy

Fruitbat
12-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks piggy! Will do

S_B_R
12-19-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Fruitbat
You know what's really funny. You need to be somewhat literate to use a forum, but somehow you missed that small exception to the red code. Will wonders never cease?

So, back to my original question...

Somehow you pointed out the text but yet didn't read it.
No Worky without patches from forums and yet to be discovered fixes... Actually reading that statement would tell most people of average intelligence that the answer is already available in the forums.

Maybe if you took the time you spent making this request, and subsequently flaming a flame, you would have found the answer long ago....

PhoenixZorn
12-19-2003, 04:39 PM
Flaming Cryonic no less.... silly dork

Fruitbat
12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
lol, I love the net

S_B_R: no offence but on a forum your going to get flamed with your first couple posts... like it or not, that's just the way the bit counts.

The reason for the post was because I did not find it stated anywhere, "Using these fixes everything is working except X, Y, and Z" Which, in that case, my post is warranted.

But like you said... you got out of it what most people with an average intelligence would get. I guess it takes a step up, in your opinion, to actually ask about the complete progress of the changes posted thus far. Sorry that's so far above you. I usually try to ask others, who I know have more knowledge and practice in an area then I do, for advice and a big picture look. I find it works better then trying to reinvent the wheel and fumble around until I get it right for myself.

I don't really consider posting wasting my time. I actually get a kick out of it. But what's the point in flaming a flame of a flame, if the original question is resolved? That is unless you get a kick out of it =)

Phoenix: Thanks for the advice =) I won't waste any more of my time on Cryonic... nerd

S_B_R
12-19-2003, 05:03 PM
My Post was not ment to be taken as a flame. I was simply correcting your assertion that directing you to the ShowEQ Status, did in fact answer all of your questions.

And in this situation you are not reinventing the wheel by simply looking for the information yourself. The information is written down for everyone to benefit from. The reason Humanity has invented a written language is so the the wheel need not be reinvented. One can just look to see how the wheel was first constructed and construct one for himself or herself.

Looking for existing information is more effiecent than attempting to track down the one who originally discovered/conveyed the information.

Fruitbat
12-19-2003, 05:19 PM
ah, ok.. in that case sorry I was so harsh. Thanks for the advice.