PDA

View Full Version : Moved from: Have I screwed beyond all hope?

h3x
12-20-2003, 10:34 AM
./h2info.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
make [2]: *** [s_everquest.h] Error 255
Leaving directory ....
*** [all-recursive] Error 1
leaving directory ....
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

with cvs and tarball downloads

Zaphod
12-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by h3x
./h2info.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
make [2]: *** [s_everquest.h] Error 255
Leaving directory ....
*** [all-recursive] Error 1
leaving directory ....

with cvs and tarball downloads
Check to make sure you have Perl installed. On a redhat system do 'rpm -q perl'. Also, could you include a few lines above the "./h2info.pl aborted due to compilation errors." line. That additional context will help.

I guess I have to add Perl to the list of dependencies.... ;)

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

h3x
12-21-2003, 10:03 AM
rpm -q perl -returns
perl-5.6.0-9

i was running qt-3.0.5

reading around i saw everyone upgraded to 3.2.3
went to upgrade, which only one i found at trolltech was 3.3.0b1

gdbmconv.o In function `GDBMIterator::GetFirstKey(QString, Datum&)':/root/showeq/src/gdbmconv.cpp:298:undefined reference to `QString::operator+=(char const*)'
gdbmconv.o In function `GDBMIterator::GetFirstKey(QString, Datum&)':/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:660: undefined reference to `QString::ascii() const'
/usr/local/qt/include/qstring.h:660: undefined reference to `QString::ascii() const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: ***[showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[1]: ***[all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq'

quite a few undefined reference lines above this, not sure if the qt i've install is the culprit, I might be blind as far as trolltech is concerned if i need to downgrade this qt, pos could you link it or direct me...

thanks for your help with this

Zaphod
12-21-2003, 11:51 AM
The error you got before looked like you were having a problem with perl. The errors you currently list appear to be related to the Qt you used. It almost looks you are mixing headers from one with the libraries of another some how. As far as the latest Qt just grab ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/qt-x11-free-3.2.3.tar.gz. Since it is the latest non-beta version of Qt (and the latest version I've tested with). After you update your Qt make sure to re-run configure with either the appropriate command line options or an updated QTDIR environment variable.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

h3x
12-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Zaphod
After you update your Qt make sure to re-run configure with either the appropriate command line options or an updated QTDIR environment variable.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

i'm currently installing the 3.2.3, folling the guidelines from the thread 2788, it was written for 3.1.1 but pretty sure all i need to do is change the version numbers around.

what do you mean re-run configure exactly, my name is h3x and i'm a linux noob.

./configure -thread --prefix=/opt/qt-x11-free-3.2.3

is what i used for qt

showeq
i always download either a tarball or cvs each time, totally removing the previous attempts or builds.

h3x
12-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Just to update my status, after looking through my /usr folder and realizing i had 4 different versions of QT, not knowing the actual location to the path file i just decided to install rh9. did a complete install full package.

4.3.19 compile & installed no problems

5.0.0.3 compile & installed no problems

4.3.19 - does not save interface style ¿? cde polished ¿?

also just curious
the system i am using is a 400 celeron with 192mg ram
showeq seems to run as if bogged down... anyone else?

showeqnewb
12-23-2003, 10:20 AM
I had the exact same error and did a search and found this:
What fixed me! (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4426&highlight=.%2Fh2info.pl)

I did what he did and everything worked just fine.

cheese_poker
12-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Thanks for that qt-3.2.3 link. I couldnt find it either. :)