PDA

View Full Version : Uhm.. oops

Davion
12-22-2003, 01:13 PM
I moved (well, tried to move) the exp window to my second desktop (have RH9 and default 4 desktop views) and now I cannot seem to get that window back. It doesn't appear on any of the other desktop screens, and when I close (via the View - Experience Window) and reopen, it's still gone... how can I go about getting that window back ?

BTW - running 5 beta 3 and other than the XP window missing & misc docking issues, I love the new SEQ 5.

/bows before Zaphod the almighty

Cryonic
12-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Does the window show up in the Gnome taskbar?

I run IceWM and so all my SEQ windows showup on the taskbar that sits at the bottom of the screen. If I drag the window off the screen it doesn't go to a new workspace, but instead just goes off the screen.

You might have to go edit the xml config file to give it a working location from which you can drag it around.

Zaphod
12-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Do the following:[list=1]
Close the Experience Window using the View menu.
Unselect Restore Window Positions in the Window menu.
Show the Experience Window using the View menu.
[/list=1]

It should now come up in a semi-random but visible location.

If that doesn't work:[list=1]
Close the Experience Window using the View menu.
Unselect Restore Window Positions in the Window menu.
Do a Save Preferences from the File menu.
Exist ShowEQ
Start ShowEQ
Show the Experience Window using the View menu.
[/list=1]

One of the above two should have made it visible.

At this point I'd probably:[list=1]
Re-select Restore Window Positions in the Window menu.
Do a Save Preferences from the File menu.
[/list=1]

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Davion
12-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Cryonic : No, it didn't show in the task bar (4.3.x always did, but in 5 it's an undocked window that isn't capable of being alt-tabbed to)

Zaphod : Thanks, I'll give that a shot once I make it home...

*mumbles about 19 hrs of work and no sleep...sucks ta be me ATM

Davion
12-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Zaphod : Gave that a shot... didn't work

I even tried removing beta 3, installed 4.3.19 (which then the exp window showed up), removed it, reinstalled beta 3 again, did config/make/make install... still have the same problem.

Is there a config file someplace that holds the X and Y coordinates that I might be able to reset ?

Also, when I hit View - Experience Window, SEQ greys out as if I were going to a different program (it's like the window pops up someplace and RH thinks that that window is active and not SEQ)

Cryonic
12-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Heh, it probably is opening up, just goes into hiding behind the main SEQ window. The problem then is, if you minimize the main SEQ window, all SEQ windows get minimized.

As for the config that holds the position

SEQ 4: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml
SEQ 5:~/.showeq/showeq.xml

Davion
12-29-2003, 01:46 PM
coo... give that a shot if/when I make it home tonight

thanks again for the help :)

Davion
12-30-2003, 09:19 AM
*sighs* Well, edited the showeq.xml file under the "experience window" heading, there was an X and Y coordinates, changed them to 0 0 as well as random numbers (21 21, 50 50, 99 99, etc....) to no avail... without rolling back to 4.3.19 (which works fine), anyone else have an idea/suggestion ?

Davion
01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
I've tried various ways to get the xp window back up, still no luck... is there something I can do (barring a complete system reinstall) to reset SEQ back to "defaults" ? I've tried everything posted here and then some to get that damned window back up....

Thanks again for any ideas/suggestions ya come up with.

S_B_R
01-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Do the following:
rm /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml
rm ~/.showeq/showeq.xmlThen completely remove all trace of SEQ from your system, no matter if it's soucre, or compiled, v4.3.x or v5.0.0.x, remove it all. and start fresh.

Davion
01-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Did the complete uninstall/reinstall of SEQ 5 ... works fine now (minus the patch for spellshell.cpp that I forgot...) I can see the xp bar once again. Was trying to avoid total un/reinstall, but no matter now... Thanks again for the assistance.