PDA

View Full Version : filter2xml.pl converting with SEQ5

vylesilencer
12-23-2003, 12:28 PM
I've read through the Changes text file which makes reference to the filter2xml.pl command and I have been trying to figure this out on my own, but I guess I suck.. Please a little help?

1) Im assuming there should be a "filters" folder within my /usr/local/share/showeq and there is not. Should that folder be created and named "filters" or "filter" ?

2) When doing a:

# ./filter2xml.pl filters_akheva.conf
I get:

Migrating 'filters_akheva.conf' to 'filters_akheva.conf.bak'
It definitely converts to XML, but shouldnt it be named "filters_akheva.xml" ?

3) When I am finished I should have a "filters" subfolder within /usr/local/share/showeq full of "filters_[zonename].xml" correct?

Appreciate any tips provided, just trying to get everything working with the new 5 revision.

Frank25
12-23-2003, 12:32 PM
I have a similar question.

When i use the filter2xml prog i have to do it one filter at a time and specify the input file and name the output file.

Is there a way to batch do this for ALL filters i have made in the /usr/local/share/showeq folder or is this it?

So far a big GREAT JOB to all you folks for getting ShowEQ old and new functioning and specially allt he new tweaks and features in Seq5. It's running like a charm just not XML filter wise (prolly due to my insanity)

Cryonic
12-23-2003, 01:52 PM
learn a little shell and maybe a little perl.

you can feed filter2xml either a path to your filters or to a specific file (if you just want to do one)

so:

for p in filter*.conf
do
filter2xml $p
done

or
filter2xml -D /usr/local/share/showeq/

Frank25
12-23-2003, 06:20 PM
Thanks Cryonic, i do need to relearn a lot of shell/perl but this helps me ont he way )