PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Database (PDB) Release

perlmonkey
12-23-2003, 01:39 PM
I have changed my mind... I'm going to release my PDB code now, and when I have the changes done to support seq again, I'll release a new version of PDB that will contain the seq patch and a new program to read the new log format that I will be creating (or mods to shoplogger, I am not sure which yet)

Let me be clear: this program DOES NOT REQUIRE ShowEQ at all. This is a set of log parsing and database code that creates a pricing database out of your EverQuest log files.

You can do any or all of the following from here:

* Gather pricing info by browsing vendors
* Apply my (upcoming) seq patch to log prices from bazaar searches
* Write your own analysis and browsing tools to look at the data
* Use my analysis tools once I publish them (soon)
* Show off your 1337 pricing DB to your friends ;-)

Enjoy, all!

PS: I know, you're wondering why I would release this, when it relinquishes my edge on everyone else... Well, suffice to say there is plenty of plat to be made, and I just need enough to buy spells for my friends. Besides, I have the hope that a more educated player-base will mean more stable prices, which I consider a good thing.

perlmonkey
12-23-2003, 01:40 PM
For size reasons, I had to break out the sameple starting data as a separate file. See attached.

Nurseling
12-25-2003, 07:53 AM
Has anyone got this working?:( :(

Hentai_User
12-25-2003, 08:49 AM
* Use my analysis tools once I publish them (soon)

Yes, Installed and working fine. But unfortunally, I dont remember anything from SQL from longs ago. Besides basic SQL statements.

So that means it's installed and working. Already analysed my logfiles and data was successfully inserted into the db.

Just gonna wait for the tools. =)

Oh, super thanks PM for such an easy 'INSTALL'. Even gave the urls. Just a matter of installing the rpms, and followed the instructions. Never used perl CPAN before, worked without a hitched.

rucool
12-29-2003, 10:56 PM
I'm a newb when it comes to mysql. Could someone please post just a few command strings I can use to view my data. I would like to be able to search for the item name and see what I can.

Can't wait for the anaylsis tools.

Cryonic
12-29-2003, 11:33 PM
Good place to read:

http://www.mysql.com

Select Syntax:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/search.php?q=select+syntax&from=%2Fdoc%2Fen%2Findex.html&lang=en

Cambik
12-30-2003, 07:43 AM
Just curious would it be possible to run this on a windows box instead of linux without changing any of the install files?

KaL
12-30-2003, 09:57 AM
So, for this to work, you'd have to run around the bazaar and click on every person in order to get prices?

Considering there are regularly hundreds of traders, this would require a lot of work to maintain a pricing database, and this tool is only for the serious traders out there.

I'm looking forward to your update that incorporates watching the packets.

KaL

Raistlin
12-31-2003, 10:49 AM
Perlmonkey,

Take a look in the development forum at the post i've made (i've got a question in there). If you can help answer that I might be able to make your SEQ patch to read the command stream for bazaar packets not needed anymore...and thus make it easier for your program to read bazaar price searches into the DB instead of having to click on the vendors...

One more question, you suggest that it'll read the prices into the DB when I click on the vendor...do I have to click on each item to get the price or does just opening the vendor work? I ask this cause it already sounds like you're reading SEQ bazaar data from the packet stream if all I have to do is open the vendor to get all his or her prices...

Reason
01-02-2004, 05:45 AM
I too can not wait for the analysis tools! /dance/dance/dance

Reason
01-21-2004, 05:32 PM
So any eta on the analysis tools and the seq plugin? =D

ieatacid
01-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Check this out: http://mboards.eqtraders.com/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13415

We're preparing to launch a new fansite, EQEcon.com, and thought members of the EQTraders community might be interested in helping us test it out. Having done my share of smithing and tailoring, I know how expensive it is to skill-up and how much it helps if you can find a good deal on components.

EQEcon.com will provide free, searchable, 100% accurate in-game item pricing data for every item in the game. We'll also offer a premium service with server-specific prices and custom charting for the truly hardcore.

guice
01-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Some suggestions if you want to improve this; command line options for DB info (not everybody uses eqitems). Allow the ability to have prefixed table names.

That's all I found on initial start.

Reason
01-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Think you will still be releasing the other utilities?