PDA

View Full Version : seqdef.xml prefs not working

tigerknight
12-24-2003, 10:08 AM
The recent non-beta showeq compiled with no problems, and runs great in game. I only have one problem:

Whenever I fire up showeq it doesn't keep the customizations I made to the gui. I do the 'File -> save preferences' and it says it writes to the file seqdef.xml just fine, but if I quit and then fire it up again it goes back to the default setup (channel messages window, divider bars between map/stats etc).

I've tried removing my old one and having it write a new one, I've tried moving the /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml file in case it was overriding some option of mine. All I can figure is that either it's A) not writing the file in the state my options are actually in and writing the default instead, or B) it's not reading the file in properly and loading the customizations.

I'm not sure how to check though - my ability to pick the seqdef.xml file apart with a fine tooth comb is sketchy.

Elyon
12-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Just out of curiosity, when you went to the Beta Version, did you start it out in all new directories? I have no problem with it saving my preference changes at all, but I even use a different drive for the 2 versions. I also , for the Beta Version, D'Ld the Fedora Core 1 and all is well, except a small problem in the compiler version with 4 lines in spawn.cpp which Zaphod knows about.

tigerknight
12-24-2003, 10:59 AM
I haven't tried the new beta version at all yet, mainly because it would require me to instsall a new version of QT, and that's a headache and a half I don't want just yet..

Elyon
12-24-2003, 11:23 AM
I should have read your post closer, I didn't notice the 1st read that you are using 4.x.x version. When you compile, do you do this...

make distclean
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

Some things were changed in the 4.x version as well, where you may need an updated file added to your ShowEQ directory. I have always done the above, even though it was a pain to keep my map changes, and it has always saved my preferences....

tigerknight
12-24-2003, 11:27 AM
Actually, I always delete the previous source, download fresh from the CVS, make -f Makefile.dist, configure, make, make install :] I don't like just updating and running it again. Too much possibility for me to forget a step (like the clean). I'm on the most recent version of 4.x from the cvs server.