PDA

View Full Version : Mandrake 9 Pico/gateway questions

Archaeopteryx
12-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Linux jocks please help, I realize this is showeq discussion but if you can help by all means help.

Pico, Where is it? It's not in the rpms i located something called pico.desktop but its not workable. I used ther rpmdrake to try to find an rpm for it, still not luck (searched for pine/pico).

Now being the diligent person that I am, I tried compiling from source only to get a segmentation error wether i use openssl or not. I just want my pico :( any suggestions. BTW im using vi for the time being :-/ still i liked the simplicity of pico.

When I had mandrake 8 I could use Linuxconf to enter the gateway info for my dsl (static dsl) and use dhcpcd for my cable. I had POSTROUTING rules for both connections and all I had to do was disable the cable nic (ifconfig eth2 down) to switch to my dsl. This would work great when cable was down and I didnt have to do anything client wise to switch to dsl, I still had to manually enter dnses for the linux box but everyone else in the network was fine. So anyway, is there a way to enter multiple gateways now that linuxconf is not included?

htw
01-09-2004, 03:02 AM
pico is part of the pine package, get it and compile it or grab an available rpm package (perhaps look on www.rpmfind.net or freshmeat.net).

As for linuxconf, it is indeed in drake 9, use your package manager to install it, or use the same procedure above.

Edit: nano is the standard package that mandrake includes now, it's a pico clone.