PDA

View Full Version : no showeq.conf.dist

SuperArdvark
02-02-2002, 06:16 PM
I am very new to Linux, am running RH7.2, and did everything in the HOWTO for RH 7.2. i thought all was good, but apparently not. when i go to CP(copy profile?) the showeq.conf.dist it says no such file or directory. I have all the filefolders from usr on up to showeq. looked in the showeq file and no conf or dist files.

somewhere along the way i missed something. everything ran smoothly up till step 5. then i get the error "no such file or directory.

I type

cp /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.conf.dist /usr/local/share/showeq.conf

but it cant find the first file. so dont even get to second part.

Hmm, what did i miss. i know i am missing the showeq.conf.dist. where should i have gotten it?

any help would be great.

thanks

avgjoe
02-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Read your INSTALL.newbies file. Line # 14 & 15. your paths may be incorrect.

SuperArdvark
02-02-2002, 11:16 PM
ok, i really missed something. i cant even find that file. all the maps are in the showeq folder. nothing else.

Cryonic
02-03-2002, 03:42 AM
Cause the INSTALL and README files are where you downloaded the stuff from CVS to.

fryfrog
02-03-2002, 03:56 AM
the showeq.conf.dist file might also be in /root/showeq/conf/ (or where ever the showeq dir is from the CVS download. i will have to check into that later.

you can use "slocate -u &" to update your find database, and when that is done use "slocate showeq.conf.dist" to see where it is.