PDA

View Full Version : Seg Fault

Theka
01-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Just an FYI Seq 5.0.0.3 will seg fault everytime if a spell you cast will not take hold on a target. Unfortunatly i have no other data to add to that but just a heads up in case the devs did not realize.

Cryonic
01-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Two things, make sure you are using the latest spells txt file that SOE sent down the pipe to your EQ box, and check the patches section. This has been a known issue...

NM, I thought Zaphod had posted it to the patches section, instead:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4475

Theka
01-07-2004, 05:50 PM
thanx for reply gonna stick sum new txt files in mine r fairly new im pretty sure though. didnt see anything in patch section about it either.

mudtoe
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM
I've got the patch on, and it doesn't crash anymore, but it appears that the spell tracking ability quits until you zone when it happens now. At first I thought it had to do with something about being in a LDON adventure (the spell tracking quitting), but after reading this I believe it's because of the would not have taken hold issue, as that's the only place i've been recently where I've run into lots of occurrances of the spell not taking hold (I play a necro and the did not take hold thing happens a lot when you are in a fairly well buffed group and you do both group lifetap and group mana tap during the same fight one right after the other).

mudtoe