PDA

View Full Version : player indicator not moving

slyly
01-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Everything else in SEQ is working (all the spawns show up and decode), but the indicator that shows where you are on the map will not move or even rotate for me. I have compiled 4.x and 5.x and recieved the same problem in each. I am running mandrake 9.2 if that makes any difference. If anyone has any information about this I would apreciate it.

Dedpoet
01-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Sounds like your Seq machine might not be seeing the outgoing traffic. Does your ShowEQ box have multiple network cards? If so, are you monitoring the correct ethernet interface? Maybe try "showeq -i eth1"?

Tor K'tal
01-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dedpoet
Sounds like your Seq machine might not be seeing the outgoing traffic. Does your ShowEQ box have multiple network cards? If so, are you monitoring the correct ethernet interface? Maybe try "showeq -i eth1"?

This poses an instering question for me... It was my understanding that SEQ does not monitor any outbound data, am I wrong?

Lets define outbound:
Data from the EQ Client to the EQ Server

~ TK

Cryonic
01-14-2004, 12:50 PM
You were greatly mistaken. SEQ has to see both directions of the traffic to be able to pick up on things that are client side (e.g. the player moving). What SEQ doesn't do is transmit anything itself.

slyly
01-14-2004, 06:40 PM
Okay, thanks for your support. I'm guessing this has something to do with my hub then... or lack there of. I couldn't find any non-switching hubs around here (I should have taken my parents' before I went to school), so I spliced 2 ethernet cords together. It seems like it should have worked just like a normal hub minus amplification, but I guess I have a loose connection somewhere.

slyly
01-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Okay, I just thought about this over dinner. My tx lines are tied together.... but I need to get the tx from my eq box to the rx of SEQ while still getting the incomming signal.

slyly
01-15-2004, 12:44 PM
I broke down and got a hub off of ebay last night... And I decided to go all out with this 24 port mother
3C16406 SUPERSTACK II PS HUB 40 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3072019539)

I think some of it might be switched, but if I read it right only 4 segments are switched... ie. 4-6 port hubs that have a switch connecting them. So I should be fine if both are plugged in the same set of jacks.

I'll post an update after I get it to let you folks know if this beast actually works.