PDA

View Full Version : Charm duration 0:00

dan
01-19-2004, 11:44 PM
I noticed when I cast Command of Druzzil, it briefly pops up in the Spell/Target/Remain with 0:00 duration then goes away. The behavior that would be more useful to me is that the behavior of the diasplay acts as if charm would last full duration, thereby giving me a an early warning system "Uhoh, 7:20, time's almost up, better refresh before this pull".

I thought perhaps this duration data was stored in either a data file or in code. I greped on my install directory and my src directory for the name of the spell, and only found a hit in the code that seemed to be a list of files with no additional spell data. I looked for references to that array for other structures that might run in parrallel but found none. So now I'm thinking maybe the duration data comes from the stream. Given variable durations with focus effects and AAs, I guess that would indeed be a beter place to acquire the data.

I was not detered however, I still want to force the code to pretend Command of Druzzil is 7:50. So I put showeq up into gdb, and looked for what I could find that is sticking the Command of Druzzil / 0:00 into the display. But I was unsuccessful. I was putting breakpoints on various functions in spelllist.cpp that seemed appropriate, but it only seemed to hit the breakpoint on buffs (addList, I think, did the other day, forget now), the charm didn't cause that code to go thru that path.

I also noticed showeq says "failed to open ... spell_us.txt". I figure that be relevant for me to affect my change.

I thought it might be easier to just ask at this point rather than keep digging around.

Zaphod
01-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by dan
I also noticed showeq says "failed to open ... spell_us.txt". I figure that be relevant for me to affect my change.

The line I quoted from you post is the relevant information... Make sure to copy spells_us.txt from your EQ machine to /usr/local/share/showeq/ or use the script given in this post (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4130). That file is where all the information about spell durations and the like are stored.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)