PDA

View Full Version : Filter Prob (bug?)

Theka
01-20-2004, 03:35 AM
ok i was haveing an issue with my veksar and com filters a while ago and posted about it.
Basically some mobs in my filter would not show up, ppl said check the filter for errors etc and i did and it still didnt work but i think i just figured out the problem....

The case sensitive switch seems to be stuck on no matter what i have it toggled to.

example: in the overthere i put Name:sarnak berzerker in list and only a few showed up this didnt seem right to me so i checked my switch and it was off then i enabled it saved then disabled it saved again just to make sure, but when i add Name:Sarnak berzerker it shows all the ones with cap first letter but not lower case. so ill assume this is a bug :)

Zaphod
01-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Could you please state which version of ShowEQ you are using? Also, what compiler, Linux distro, etc. ?

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Theka
01-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Gah sorry,

useing latest beta showeq 5004, and Rh 9 distrio and the compiler that comes with rh9 gcc 3.2.2 and qt with rh9 3.1.1.

jonseq
01-21-2004, 12:35 AM
I have the same problem. FreeBSD-stable, QT 3.1

Also getting a bus error (bad address) in calcCRC32 out of dispatchPacket with 5004 (5003 was fine)

jonseq
01-21-2004, 12:37 AM
I would add that I looked at the code that sets case (in)sensitivity and it seemed to be fine. I was assuming that the bug was in QT and I need to upgrade it (I had changed my filter strings to use the proper case, which helped, but eventually noticed some of those weren't matching either)

jonseq
01-21-2004, 12:47 AM
turned out to be caused by another program's data traffic (Overnet, if that helps)

caused by an attempt to process and CRC packets with incorrect (2 gig?) size

Theka
01-24-2004, 05:59 PM
as a follow up to this, im not sure if this was an inteded change but i used to only use partial names in my filters like ...

Name:flayedskin bear instead of Name:A flayedskin bear

but it doesnt seem that partial names match anymore you need the complete name with the A or An etc...

Zaphod
01-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Theka
as a follow up to this, im not sure if this was an inteded change but i used to only use partial names in my filters like ...

Name:flayedskin bear instead of Name:A flayedskin bear

but it doesnt seem that partial names match anymore you need the complete name with the A or An etc...

or you need to put the appropriate regex in it's place if you are going to specify "Name:"

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)