PDA

View Full Version : GoD Opcodes, Zone #s, Structs, etc

R0x0r_Mc0wnage
01-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Greetings all,
I was wondering if anyone had made any progress in regards to getting the structures all aligned, opcodes fixed up, zone/race numbers, etc. I'm working on trying to figure out some of the opcode updates, but I've got mostly no idea what I'm doing so it's slow.. Got a bit of info I'm more then happy to share:

OP_WearChange is now 0153
OP_SpecialMesg is now 021a

I've got some updated zone numbers, drawn from the "unk_zone_xxx" that appears when I enter a certain zone, but I'm not sure that that's the correct way to find 'em... Seems to work for me but.. .eh.

Here they are:
absymal is 279
natimbi is 280
qinimi is 281
riwwi is 282
barindu is 283
ferubi is 284
null
null
snplant is 287

LordCrush
01-31-2004, 05:47 PM
Thank you :)

curio
02-08-2004, 04:21 PM
New races.h patch posted. Patch #893070.

Zaphod
02-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Thanks for any and all help.

I've attached the latest decode.cpp that should work with the 2/10/04 eqgame.exe (unless they change it and the opcodes between now and when the servers come up). It looks like, at least for the implicitlen opcodes, the lower numbered opcodes stayed the same while those at/over 0x021e had 0x13 added to them.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

P.S. decode.cpp is only for ShowEQ 4.3.x. ShowEQ 5.x beta users that want to participate in the great opcode/structure hunt can use the information contained therein to update their zoneopcodes.xml files.

seqmage
02-10-2004, 11:53 AM
not to sound dumb or anything.. Just need to take the decode.cpp, copy it to my SEQ dir. and recompile?
or is this a patch and have to do the patch command?

Zaphod
02-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by seqmage
not to sound dumb or anything.. Just need to take the decode.cpp, copy it to my SEQ dir. and recompile?
or is this a patch and have to do the patch command?

This decode.cpp is step 1 of N to get ShowEQ working against live again. We won't really be working against live again until we can actually capture packets from live and reverse engineer them, and we can't do that until live is actualy back up again.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

shadowcat
02-10-2004, 03:29 PM
It decodes the initial zone-in just fine. It's once you're in the zone and new objects enter the zone that there's a problem. But it's a good start.

seqmage
02-14-2004, 04:38 AM
Well, i did nothing with that file.. other then download it to the desktop.. i been running 4.19 and as shadowcat posted.. mine will decode at zone in.. but then stops.. maps load and everything else works.. even in GoD.. just any new bodies or monsters show up as unknown.. and when mobs spawn.. they dont appear on the map..
Mind you I did not patch or change anything in my install..

Cleric
02-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Just wondering, since Zaphod keeps noting that 4.3.19 is the last stable release :)

Thanks again for the great work - it helps me maintain my mental balance in the face of "you're in our world now".....