PDA

View Full Version : Been away, now can not seem to compile

Asterof
02-01-2004, 07:10 PM
I been away for about three months, I tried to recomplie SEQ and got just all kinds of errors, is there something I missed that I need to do different

junk
02-01-2004, 08:41 PM
/sigh

Sure, just:

make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

That's about as specific as I can get, considering you didn't post any of the errors you got. Most of us aren't psychic, and the few here that are choose not to read the wasteland that is your average clueless person's mind to figure out what the hell their problems are.

Asterof
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
no no I knew that
but I was wondering if the CSV was up to date or did I need the complete tar ball

Cryonic
02-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Wow, and we were supposed to guess that how??? I mean I know I'm psychic and all, but from reading your first message and then your second, I still can't see how we were supposed to understand that that was what you wanted to know.

CVS is up to date. There isn't anything in the tarball that isn't also already in CVS. In fact the tarballs are made after the update to CVS is done.

As for your errors, well, we can't see them, so we can't help solve them and before you waste any more of our time, please read the News forum, the Install/Changes files and use search for relevant information...

Tor K'tal
02-02-2004, 05:57 AM
If I were to just out right guess, due to him saying he has been away for 3 months, he might not have known that he needed to update his QT.

~ TK