PDA

View Full Version : User Guide

MacQ
02-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I've been runnin SEQ successfully for a few weeks now, reading as much as I can in the FAQ section, and looking at comments within SEQ itself. I'd really like to dig into SEQ and realize it is more than just a pretty map.

After unsuccessful searches for "user manual", "user guide" and other references to types of documentation, I reluctantly decided to ask in this section. So to all you SEQ experts who put up with so many dumb questions, is there a kind of "overall" users's guide that covers the use of SEQ?

Cryonic
02-09-2004, 12:50 AM
There is no user manual, just the install guide, FAQ and forums.

BlueAdept
02-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by calzon65
I'd really like to dig into SEQ and realize it is more than just a pretty map.

Well that is pretty much what SEQ is, just a glorified map with spawn locations.

These are what I use it for:
- You can have it notify you of rares or specific mobs (now that Im 65, it doesnt really matter to me much unless my guild asks me to check on a mob).
- You can use it to find what classes your group mates are without trying to remember what the hell an "Arcanist" is and/or what class they are if they are roleplaying.
- Locate quest npcs in cities and such.
- Spell window is pretty usefull, but I mainly use an on screen timer for my spells.
- locate mobs in level range for my twinks.

I really miss the the XP window with the correct results. /finger Sony for screwing us on that.

S_B_R
02-09-2004, 11:07 AM
/usr/local/bin/showeq --helpThat will give you some options to play with, nothing spectacular though.