PDA

View Full Version : Build Issues with RedHat 8.0 and Beta 5.0.0.5

Raistlin
02-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Compiling beta 5.0.0.5 from CVS on a RedHat 8.0 box with upgraded QT3.3.0 (just complied on box myself)

I get:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c -o xmlconv.o `test -f 'xmlconv.cpp' || echo './'`xmlconv.cpp
xmlconv.cpp: In member function `bool DomConvenience::elementToVariant(const
QDomElement&, QVariant&)':
xmlconv.cpp:255: call of overloaded `QCursor(uint)' is ambiguous
/usr/local/qt/include/qcursor.h:93: candidates are: QCursor::QCursor(long
unsigned int)
/usr/local/qt/include/qcursor.h:77: QCursor::QCursor(const
QCursor&) <near match>
/usr/local/qt/include/qcursor.h:72: QCursor::QCursor(int)
make[3]: *** [xmlconv.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Current Environment shows:
MANPATH=/usr/local/qt/doc/man:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib:
PATH=/usr/local/qt/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

The error above seems to tell me that qt 3.3.0 has issues? Anyone else? What's going on?

--Raistlin

Cryonic
02-13-2004, 11:59 AM
sigh....

Two posts below this is a thread (albeit about Gentoo) that talks about this same damn issue. Basically downgrade to QT 3.2.x

Raistlin
02-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Then why the hell didn't teh search pick it up, I checked "xmlconv" and "qcursor" and the search picked up no terms.

Serously, i've been on the boards long enough to know to search first...and I did...

My apoligies.

--Raistlin

Cryonic
02-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Might want to do more than just search. The thread was on the main page and aptly said:

5.0.0.5 - make fails on gentoo with QT3.3

so other than the gentoo part, it was your issue :)

Doomed.to.SEQ
02-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Don't feel bad, Raistlin. I did exactly the same thing, spent all day compiling QT3.3.0 :)

So... I start searching for QT3.2.2 and am having a devil of a time finding it. Is it obvious on Trolltech's site and I am missing it? Alternatively, I'm running Redhat 8.0, does anyone have a link to the proper RPM (though I'd rather compile it myself)?

Thanks as well to Zaphod for looking into this, I saw he was going to try on the other thread. Time to go contribute on his site :)

Doomed.to.SEQ
02-14-2004, 07:17 AM
So... QCursor is only used once in ShowEQ, and if you do a change in xmlconv.cpp from UInt to just plain Int... it all seems to compile and work nicely (been up for about 15 minutes so far). Yeah, I'm a hack, for all I know I really messed something up, but it seems to work. :)