PDA

View Full Version : Window Position Broken in 5.0.0.6?

dakkon4
02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Had been running 5.0.0.4 and 5.0.0.5 just fine, noticed some spawns stopped reporting so I updated to 5.0.0.6 via the CVS update. Now whenever I start it up I get 2 blank windows a combat window and an experience window. If I enable them both from the window tab, then disable them, they go away. When I save preferences and then save window positions and exit SEQ and restart, they're right back in the same spot. I removed all my xml config files from share/showeq and from /root/.showeq and its still doing it. So I removed ALL SEQ files from my system, redid a CVS pull, recompiled and now since compiling and installing now it won't save ANY window information. I can turn off all the 5-6 default windows, make it how I want it, save preferences, save window positions and then when I restart its back to ground zero like I never did any of the changes.

Soooo I went back to 5.0.0.5 just for a sanity check and the window positions work flawlessly, so to me it seems 5.0.0.6 is fubar. Using QT 3.1.1 also if anyone cares to know.

Zaphod
02-16-2004, 09:11 PM
dakkon4,
Did you make sure that both "Save Window Sizes & Postions" and "Restore Window Positions" were enabled under the "Window" menu? It's working fine for me under both Qt 3.2.3 and Qt 3.1.2.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

dakkon4
02-16-2004, 10:11 PM
yeah I have both of those enabled, got it to finally save my docked windows, I normally keep spawn list and a map up. Only problem I'm running into now is the "ghosted" combat and experience windows now. No title bar and I can't move or close them once i launch SEQ, but like I said before if I enable it and then disable it through the view option it'll go away, but it comes right back when I restart SEQ later. Don't have Gimp installed so not sure how to take a SS to show you whats going on atm. Will try to get something posted.

Cleric
02-18-2004, 03:34 PM
Just a a note, when I got 5.0.0.6 running, the map window kept getting out of position when i would resize spawn/spell windows - it would put the close button and part of the entire right side off screen, and without scroll bars on the bottom of the overall window there was no way to ge to the side of the window to resize it. Even making the spawn windows and such small would not allow me to access the size control on right side of map. Eventually I had to close the windows and just open the map first, make it smaller, then open the other windows and make them the size i wanted, then drag the map size to the point where it was correct to fit in the screen.. I hope that all makes sense ;)

reaver
02-18-2004, 05:20 PM
that happend to me before as well Cleric.

I just nuked my preference file in my .showeq directory and let ShowEQ create a new one, then fixed the windows myself and saved.

The new QT is a little quirky with docked windows.

-Belly