PDA

View Full Version : how to send Map 2 to a seperate workspace.

Cravin Morehead
02-20-2004, 11:47 AM
I installed beta 5.X and I really like it but when I play I like to have a full screen map so I genreally open map2 and move it to a seperate workspace. The only option I have seen in beta5 is to send all os SEQ to all work spaces. Im pretty sure Im just missing something really simple. Anybody have an idea of where I missed the boat?

S_B_R
02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
I would like to do this also, but, from what I've been able to ascertain it's not possible with the new docking/QT window system, or at least the way it's implimented currently.

I'm not an expert so maybe we'll get lucky and someone will prove me wrong ;)

Cryonic
02-20-2004, 02:25 PM
This is easy, it just depends on your Window Manager to be able to do it. I use IceWM inside of Exceed and I just right-click -> Send to -> 2

and off the window goes to the second workspace. To get it back, go to that workspace and again right-click -> Send to -> 1

S_B_R
02-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Have you tried it with 5.0.0.x? With the 4. series it was indeed very simple to do. With 5. series thus far I haven't been able to "send-to" an undocked child window.

Cryonic
02-20-2004, 07:23 PM
That was with 5.x and it all depends on your Window Manager. Mine puts the other SEQ windows on the taskbar, so I can select them indiviually. I don't know about other WMs.