PDA

View Full Version : Error compiling 5.0.0.7

AnotherCoreDump
02-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi!

When i try to compile the newest Tarball (or csv checkout), I get an compiler error:

g++3 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/lib/qt2/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq/\" -I/usr/include/pcap -I/opt/experimental/include -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c bazaarlog.cpp
bazaarlog.cpp: In member function `void BazaarLog::bazaarSearch(const uint8_t*,
unsigned int, unsigned char)':
bazaarlog.cpp:51: `isdigit' undeclared (first use this function)
bazaarlog.cpp:51: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
bazaarlog.cpp:60: warning: int format, time_t arg (arg 3)
bazaarlog.cpp:50: warning: `char*p' might be used uninitialized in this
function
make[2]: *** [bazaarlog.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ShowEQ/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/ShowEQ/showeq'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

The beta 5 did compile really good for me.

gcc is 3.0.1

Is that my problem?

AnotherCoreDump
02-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Stupid me ...
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4725&highlight=bazaarlog ...

Why is it not included in the cvs and the tarball?

LordCrush
02-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Do you run Suse ?

just curious

Zaphod
02-21-2004, 03:25 PM
It isn't in the CVS or in the tarball because it doesn't happen on all distros and was discovered after release. Making new tarballs from a branch and posting them is a PITA with SF.net right now. Also, CVS is taking up to 24 hours to replicate again which makes posting announcements of a fix that occurs only in CVS just ccreate further confusion.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

AnotherCoreDump
02-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Hi!

Yes, it's a SuSE. And thanks for info. Though I am really astonished that it has to do with distributions - the headerfiles should be all the same on all distros, no? - *confused*.

Zaphod
02-22-2004, 07:46 AM
Compiles and runs fine out of the box for me on RedHat 9, Fedora Core 1, and Gentoo 1.4. I'm not sure what distro perlmonkey (the user that contributed the bazaarlog stuff) uses, but apparaently there as well. It is often amazing how includes from different versions of Qt and other packages will quietly pull in other headers for you, sometimes to your great chagrin (as in this case).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)