PDA

View Full Version : guilds.dat

DemonLord
03-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Greetings,

I was wondering what the guilds.dat is doing. Its growing, and there, and possibly binary =) Although you can make out some guild names in there. Is there a viewer for the guilds.dat? What does it record?

Thanks,
DemonLord.

Cryonic
03-16-2004, 02:20 PM
guilds.dat is the file that SOE sends to EQ when you select which server you want to play on. It is a list of guilds and their IDs for that specific server (e.g. Veeshan, Mith Marr, etc...)..

SEQ uses it to translate the guild ID to the name in the spawnlist, just as the client uses it to add the guild tag to a playername for display.

DemonLord
03-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Uhh,

Neat. Thanks again =)

-DemonLord.

junk
03-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Does this mean then that we don't need to upload our guilds2.dat file from our EQ directory to our SEQ directory in order to see guild info?

Dedpoet
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Nope. Watch the Seq console after you pick your server. You'll see Seq grab the file from the network traffic just like the client does. It's automatic.

Searching on guilds2.dat returns quite a few hits. Check out this one (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3964&highlight=guilds2.dat).

junk
03-18-2004, 11:44 AM
I didn't care enough to search, more like a passing fancy. ;) I really hardly ever look at the console anymore unless there's a problem. I suppose I'll have to keep it up while SEQ is initiating next time and see all the new stuff that's going on.