View Full Version : Suggestion: Exp Window

DemonLord
03-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Greetings,

I wanted to suggest some things:
For the exp window, i would like some stats:

1. Mobs killed per hour/ minute
2. Name of mob that gave best xp so far
3. Name of mob that gave worst xp (but is greater than 0)

Thanks =)

-DemonLord.

S_B_R
03-16-2004, 10:28 AM
All mobs within the same zone give the same XP relative to the level of the mob.

Example:
In Eastern Wastes, a level 40 Savage Direwolf will give the same XP as a Level 40 Walrus, which is the same as the XP given by a level 40 Ry'Gorr Orc.

SOE only transmits XP gain when the amount exceeds 1/330th of the XP bar. That is why some mobs report zero XP and some report much higher. Reguardless of how much XP a mob gives you if it's not enough to finish off 1/330th of the XP bar it's going to report Zero XP gained.

Example:
Say your current level requires 1,000,000 xp points to pass on to the next level. 1/330th of that is ~3030 xp points. So if you kill mob X and it gives you 2000xp points, it will be reported as Zero XP. Now you kill a second mob of the same level in the same zone you have now gained 4000xp points total, which is more than 1/330th the server will report XP gained to the client and SEQ will display a non-zero value for XP. (It's been awhile since I worried about XP so I can't remember exaclty what vaule SEQ wil report but you get the basic idea.)

DemonLord
03-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Ahh!

That explains a lot! Thanks for the clarification here =)

Circles
03-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by S_B_R
All mobs within the same zone give the same XP relative to the level of the mob.

This is no longer teh case, level is not the factor of EXP, it appears HP is now.

Best i can tell without detailed analisys, hp is now the only factor considered, but i havent yet confirmed it. level may still play some part.

S_B_R
03-25-2004, 09:31 AM
I'd suggest actually confirming before making the statment. Or at the very least don't express something as fact before you have confirmed it to the best of your abilities.

I, for one, haven't seen any evidance of this. Beyond the fact that generally higher level means higher Hit Points.

Circles
04-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by S_B_R
I'd suggest actually confirming before making the statment. Or at the very least don't express something as fact before you have confirmed it to the best of your abilities.

I, for one, haven't seen any evidance of this. Beyond the fact that generally higher level means higher Hit Points.

I have confirmed this, I'll give you some method of testing.

Go to plane of fire. go to the yellow area. all mobs are level 67 here, including the golems on the bridge.

Kill the golems, and chart your EXP per kill in AA%.

Kill an equal number of any other type of yellow mob.

Gasp in amazement as those two values are widely diffrent.

Now, go to GoD, and get into a trial. Kill a few dozen level 65 mobs in the trial that are not Named. chart their AA%. then kill a Named, and Gasp in amazement that the value is MUCH higher than anything you've plotted.

I may sometimes be wrong, but not that often.

I had already confirmed that level is no longer the only thing that affected exp per kill. thats why i posted. in regards to what all is in the new calculation, that is what im still trying to figure out. Right now its my belief that its (ZEM (x%))(y%) where X = mobs DPS, and Y = mobs hit points in relation to zone "average".