PDA

View Full Version : I noticed something that disturbs me ...

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-17-2004, 09:30 PM
I was camping the Fabled JBoots last night. The mob that drops it is "The Fabled Drelzna". When she spawned, I didn't see #The_Fabled_Drelzna00 (with or without the #) like I expected to see, but I saw only Drelzna00.

So now it seems that the names of mobs can be masked from SEQ, yet still have to be unique per zone since that's how thier servers sees the names as well -- just changing the name that the client displays over the head of the mobs.

Anyone else see this? Have other comments about this?

BlueAdept
03-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Your right. Even though I wasnt near Drelzna, I noticed the spawn and death in the log. It was Drelzna00. I never saw Drelzna so I didnt know it had a different tag.

On our server the list is well over 48 hours long so I left.

BlueAdept
03-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Ill try to camp there for a while and capture packets. Im not very good at figuring out whats what though. I would strongly suggest that someone else also captures packets too that knows a little more about how to figure out what is what in the packets.

If the client displays "Fabled Drelzna", SEQ shows Drelzna and the logs show Drelzna00, they might have added an new field.

Are you sure that SEQ didnt show Drelzna, Fabled? Special mobs dont have to have the # in front of them and what is shown in the logs isnt always the name that is diplayed either (ie fire_beetle_01 is displayed as Fire Beetle).

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-18-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm sure of it.

I initially put "Fabled" in the search box to have the blinky-white-circle show when she spawned. Knowing a corpse was on the ground, I first noticed that there was no blinky.

Changing the search to Drelz, the blinking strated.

I also show the mob list and the spawn list next to each other, and both showed up as Drelzna00 (both Fabled and non-fabled version).

Freakyuno
03-18-2004, 05:52 PM
This doesnt seem to be the case for all zones though. SolB, Lower Guk, and Kedge Keep all seem to display correctly for the Fabled. The ones that were fabled had the name in SEQ, the suspicious named that didnt have fabled, when searched out, werent.

But /agree. Somewhat disturbing, although minor for what I use SEQ for generally.

high energy
03-19-2004, 02:53 AM
Not quite. I was in sol a last night and found 4 "fabled" names on my list.

The Fabled King Tranix
The Fabled King Tranix Pet
The Fabled Magus Rokyl
The Fabled Warlord Skarlon

What didn't appear was:

The Fabled Kobold Priest
The Fabled Solusek Kobold King

They only appears as:

Kobold Priest
Solusek Kobold King

in showeq, but seeing them in EQ, they showed up with the fabled name.

I also noticed that some named now are not appearing with the # in front of them. I'm wondering if Sony is now removing the # from named chars

BlueAdept
03-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Well it has to be somewhere in the packet. The client only sees what we see, but unfortuantely there is a lot about the packets we dont know.

I just saw my first leadership ability. The targets name had a >> on each side of the name. It also had a special ring around the bottom.

Im thinking that it is tied to something like the leadership aa.

BlueAdept
03-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by high energy
I also noticed that some named now are not appearing with the # in front of them. I'm wondering if Sony is now removing the # from named chars

I remember when the # broke the alerts. It was broken for a while when they did that. When you put that in the alert file, it interpreted it as to skip the line. I always wondered if they did that to break SEQ back then. I mean honestly why put a # in front of the name? The client doesnt see it, the only thing (now) it does is to tell us SEQ users that it is a special mob or warder.

Cryonic
03-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Or they added the # to help them debug certain mobs since they didn't redo any of the older zones...

uRit1u2CBBA=
03-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Guides are usually allowed to kill mobs, etc. if they are L50 or lower. But if they have a # in the first character, they are not allowed to touch them regardless of level.

When they do their find command, looking for a mob named #Sample_Mob00 (Which shows to others as "Sample Mob"), if they only type in "/find Sample_Mob00", it won't be found, but if they use "find #Sample_Mob00", then it will be found.

So it is used behind the scenes for something other than "an attempt to mess up SEQ"

fester
03-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Ok, this is what I have noticed:

1) If you are sync'd and in zone when a Fabled spawns, you see them as "Kobold Priest".

2) If you camp and/or rezone, you will see them as "The Fabled Kobold Priest".

karrde
03-24-2004, 07:24 AM
That would explain the decrepancy that I saw in solb last night. high energy saig the king didn't show fabled, but on my way to solc c last night he did.

fester
04-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Anyone been bored enought to find this packet? I think I may today.

fester
04-07-2004, 08:13 PM
opcode 0x1d1 is the name change packet.

It appears to not contain the SpawnId, but does contain two copies of the spawn text name. The first is at offset 0 and offset 64.

The new name is located at offset 128.

The packet is 200 bytes long.

BlueAdept
04-07-2004, 10:15 PM
U da man fester!

I knew it had to be in there somewhere.

I wonder what that is really used for and if SEQ should be changed to use that name instead.

Cryonic
04-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Guess you could have SEQ log all instances of that opcode and see what else uses it. I don't get around any of the zones that have fabled mobs or I would take a look into it.

BlueAdept
04-08-2004, 07:54 AM
It might be for the leadership AA.

I have seen people who had the leadership aa that would put >>'s around the targeted mobs name. Example >> The Unstoppable Nerf Bat <<

This could have some implications. They could now call Emp Crush just a regular mob and pipe the true name into that new field like they are doing with the Fabled

uRit1u2CBBA=
04-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by BlueAdept
It might be for the leadership AA.

I have seen people who had the leadership aa that would put >>'s around the targeted mobs name. Example >> The Unstoppable Nerf Bat <<

This could have some implications. They could now call Emp Crush just a regular mob and pipe the true name into that new field like they are doing with the Fabled

So if your group leader has NPC health (like I do) -- that name change packet will be used a lot.

Mark NPC is another one that would use it.

The one that uses >> << is Delagate Main Assist.

I should try to %T a mob that had its name altered from an AA and see what it does.

BlueAdept
04-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by uRit1u2CBBA=
I should try to %T a mob that had its name altered from an AA and see what it does.

I could be totally wrong, I havent looked at packet info, it is just a speculation on my part. It just seems logical to me though.

If what I say is true, it would probably show the correct info. It probably uses the unaltered name tag.

It would be interesting to do that on a fabled mob though to see if it doesnt come up with the title Fabled.

I also dont understand why being in a zone when a fabled popped would show the wrong tag, but zoning in after the mob had popped would show the correct Fabled tag.

Cryonic
04-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Maybe the mob spawns without the fabled tag and then gets altered to add it, so if you zone in after the mob has spawned its name is already altered and if you are in the zone when it spawns SEQ picks up the normal name and doesn't know to alter it with that opcode.

fester
04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Cryonic
Maybe the mob spawns without the fabled tag and then gets altered to add it, so if you zone in after the mob has spawned its name is already altered and if you are in the zone when it spawns SEQ picks up the normal name and doesn't know to alter it with that opcode.

I am 99 percent sure this is the case.

Also, %t will issue "The Fabled Froglok King" to the channel, so the name uses the Altered name.

lildr00d
04-13-2004, 01:46 AM
I saw this the other night. When I zoned into Lower Guk I saw 4 Fabled mobs up. While I was there we killed a few of them. I saw the Frenzied spawn but it was not the lvl 65 one that they are supose to be so I assumed it was the normal frenzied (if there is such a thing anymore). One of the Rogues said the Fabled was up so I checked the SEQ again and still said it was under level and no Fabled. I then did a assist on the monk and sure enough EQ showed the correct named The Fabled.... I checked the Terminal output when I con'd the mob it was lvl 65 and it said Fabled also. However the SEQ window still showed the incorrect information. I logged out and back in.. When I logged back in the SEQ showed the correct information. They must have a way to change the name mid stream and SEQ is either not watching that packet or is unable to handle a name/lvl change after it allready decoded the first time.

Anyways I hope this helps is some way,

Cryonic
04-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Fester already identified the opcode in question lildrood

uRit1u2CBBA=
04-13-2004, 10:27 AM
There must be another opcode to change the level.

I was camping the named ghoul in SRo for Phylancrety last night when I saw the Fabeled spider spawn twice and the Fabeled AC spawn once. All 3 times, SEQ showed green ranging from L35-L40, but conned Navy to me.

zoning out and zoning in again, I saw that the fabeled spider was L51.