PDA

View Full Version : Apparent QT issue

zero
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Hello folks,

I've run into a problem on the install of showEQ. I've been using it off and on for a couple of years. I've got a fresh RH9 install and I get an error when installing showEQ, specifically at the point of running the configure script.

The last few lines are:

>> Found version.: 3.1.1
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt-3.1/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib/
configure: error: Something wicked happened while trying to validate your Qt installation!!! Please verify your libraries...

I've unistalled and reinstalled qt-devel a few times via apt or using rpm myself. My next step was to download and compile the source, but that takes my system around 15 hours to compile, so I am hoping to avoid that.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Dedpoet
04-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Search (http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=114411&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) on something wicked happened.

There are a few possible problems that can cause that message. All of them are addressed in the results of that search.

zero
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks. I should have tried search first, and not assumed that this was not a common problem.

zero
04-06-2004, 09:08 AM
It was the missing XFree86-devel. Sorry for the newb mistake in not searching first. Thanks for the pointer.

Dedpoet
04-07-2004, 01:39 PM
No worries, we're here to help. Just make sure you do a search on your problem first. This board has been here a long time, and we've seen just about every problem you could ever run into with this software. Sometimes what you need to search on is less obvious than others, but when you get an error message like that, chances are it's in here somewhere :-)