PDA

View Full Version : Maps dont autoload on localized Servers

LordCrush
04-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Hi all,

on the localized servers SEQ 5007 again only finds the localized name of a zone. Because of that it cannot find any Maps / Filters / Spawnpoints.

I hope its just a bit of Opcodes 8)

-- Lord Crush

LordCrush
04-15-2004, 11:42 PM
I did some testing yesterday.

The map shows up shortly after zoning and is then erased again.

Cryonic
04-16-2004, 12:30 AM
for me, the map shows up, then is cleared, then just before I finish zoning (after mobs are up) the map returns and stays.

Already standing buffs do not show up, skills and stats don't show, but this is all a symptom of the real issue, the change in size of the playerstruct.

Others have pointed out that corpses don't appear in the right place when a char dies, but do when dragged ...

LordCrush
04-19-2004, 12:33 AM
I have looked a little more into this.

When you change zone in game the seqence is:

You leave Zone -> SEQ Calls: "MapMgr::zoneChanged"
While you zone -> SEQ Calls: "MapMgr::zoneBegin"
(not sure with this)
You have finished zoning ->SEQ Calls: "MapMgr::zoneEnd"

in the Function "MapMgr::zoneChanged" SEQ has the correct (english) shortZoneName and it loads the map.
After that SEQ calls "MapMgr::zoneBegin". At this time SEQ does not have a correct Zonename ... not sure if a Zonename is there or it has the german name.
At the end of the zoning SEQ calls "MapMgr::zoneEnd" an has now the german shortZoneName.

In "MapMgr::zoneBegin" SEQ calls "m_mapData.clear();" and erases the map. That is the reason why you see a map for a short time and then it is erased.

Here is a quick hack that disables the maperase and loads the maps again. It is not a real fix, because it does not load filter/spawnpoint-files.

Changes in showeq/src/map.cpp

#define DEBUGMAPLOAD
is enabled and added some more debug messages

Disabled Mapload in

"MapMgr::zoneBegin"
"MapMgr::zoneEnd"
"MapMgr::MapMgr"

Disabled m_mapData.clear(); in

"MapMgr::zoneBegin"

Drawbacks:

it does not load the map when you log in. (Perhaps it would if the mapload in "MapMgr::MapMgr" is enabled again)

It loads not filters/spwanpointfiles with english zonenames.

Installation

Apply the diff-map.txt to map.cpp in your showeq/src directory and recompile.

Its based on SEQ 5.0.0.7

Hope it helps a bit

-- Lord Crush